cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre upgrade? Be careful what you wish for...........

Spacie
Dabbler

Fibre upgrade? Be careful what you wish for...........

Sitting here desperate to share my experiences this afternoon (just finished a 2hr. 15 min call with Plusnet) having had the hubris to think upgrading to fibre would be a good idea.

Activation date 18 August - no broadband

Appointment made for today (13:00 to 18:00 Openreach time - "must be in the property otherwise we'll etc.")

15:30 stubbornly orange light on the modem starts flashing - no dial tone on phone

NO VISIT TO MY PROPERTY AT ANY TIME BY OPENREACH

Customer services - very polite, couldn't do anything - tansferred

People who deal with Openreach - couldn't do anything - transferred

Tech people - sympathetic - 2 hours now, asked to cancel - transferred

Cancellations people - why don't I try another tech person? - transferred

Tech person - I humbly refer to the answers I have given previously - Transferred

Cannot take any more time off work next week - so no visit = no phone, no broadband

THEN - cancellations people say that I will have to pay a cancellation charge for ending a service that I have at no time received - understandably ( I suggest) blood pressure now quite high. In fact, at the start of the contract I at least had a phone line, so I'm liable for a cancellation charge for a service that has made things considerably worse! A cancellation charge for ending a contract involving an upgrade to fibre broadband when at no time have I ever had fibre broadband available to my property!!!!

I'll see you in court..........................

3 REPLIES 3
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Fibre upgrade? Be careful what you wish for...........

PN staff will come here and say SORRY EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Spacie
Dabbler

Hi Rongtw - I wish I shared your optimism.

I've been with Plusnet for a long time, and can remember when bills were hand delivered on vellum, with the margins illuminated by a monk on a zero hours contract following the dissolution of the monasteries.

I have spurned the many advances of others - free broadband before and after death, a gold pig, cloak of invisibility etc. - and what really tipped me over the edge was the Plusnet threat to impose a cancellation charge for a service I have never received.

Upgrade requested 5/8

No router sent

Upgrade delayed until 18/8

Router arrived

Upgrade failed - no broadband

Openreach "intervention" (no visit to property) 26/8 - no broadband with the added bonus of no phone line

It begs the question of when the contract starts, bearing in mind that before my "upgrade contract" I had a broadband connection and working phone and now I have neither, with no prospect of this being resolved. Do they think we can just take time off work to suit the working practices of Openreach with no guarantee that they will actually visit - which was the purpose of taking the time off in the first place?

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Spacie Unfortunately it is now becoming more common , PN /BT systems dont work together Sad
I also have been with PN several years , Forum staff here excellent Thumbs_Up
But they can only work with what they told to do,, PN now are  turning to Quantity at the expense of Quality Sad
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .