cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre transfer

Talamat
Grafter

Fibre transfer

Just got moved in from Sky Fibre to the Unlimited Fibre Extra. Unfortunately my Actual line speed is showing as less than a third of my estimated.  How long does it take to settle into a correct speed?  Needless to say I don't want to pay for fibre extra if Plusnet can't deliver it.
29 REPLIES 29
Starmans
Grafter

Re: Fibre transfer

If you had Sky fibre before is the speed you're receiving now roughly the same?
Try runing a BT Wholesale speed test via a wired Ethernet connection - http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
Also what does PN report your IP profile as? - https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate
Talamat
Grafter

Maybe slightly lower.  Tho according to the portal
Estimated line speed:
69Mb (This may vary between 49.9Mb and 69.8Mb) - Checked on 2015-12-28 09:41:18
Current line speed:
21 Mb
Thetwohoughs
Grafter

Looks like Plusnet need to reset your line profile from their end.
Give them a call and someone should be able to sort it for you, it takes the techs days on here to reply which is a crying shame, we need more people here.
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Sorted that now for you, pleas restart your router and you'll get improved speeds immediately
Talamat
Grafter

Thanks Darkfire, it's fixed it on the plusnet webpage, but the router is still connecting at the same speed as before.  I'll reset it again in a hour see if it updates then.
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem, you may need to go into the settings and choose disconnect/reconnect to reset the session, otherwise turning it off for a minute will do the same Smiley
Talamat
Grafter

Hello again.  The plusnet page has reverted to it's previous decision on my line speed
Estimated line speed:
69Mb (This may vary between 49.9Mb and 69.8Mb) - Checked on 2015-12-28 09:41:18
Current line speed:
37.8 Mb
and once I manage to stay connected, the router shows..
Line state: Connected
Connection time: 0 days, 00:10:05
Downstream: 36.72 Mbps
Upstream: 13 Mbps
Talamat
Grafter

Just plugged router into master socket (just in case it was the extension lead), and there's no change.
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll take another look once I get in around midday,  thanks for  doing some further checks  it's always helpful
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good Afternoon Smiley
could you try one more drop and reconnect to see if that brings this up to scratch, running a check on your line FTTC is estimated at 50Mb, if this doesn't alleviate things let me know and I'll get one of my tech colleagues to run some further checks Smiley
Talamat
Grafter

I'll be sure to do it when I get home Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Although your estimate is between 49.9Mb and 69.8Mb, your line is currently connecting at 36.3Mb/s.
This means that no matter what we change your profile to on our side, this won't improve your speeds.
Just plugged router into master socket (just in case it was the extension lead), and there's no change.

Is this still plugged in to the master socket? The sync speed is low because there is a high number of errors on the line. Removing the extension won't immediately translate to a faster speed for you coming down the line.
I'd advise getting a fault report opened at https://faults.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Talamat
Grafter

I moved it back onto the phone extension when it didn't change on the master socket.
Again, I'll look into opening a ticket when I get home and can go through all the tests.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We'd really need the router plugging directly in to the master socket for at least 24 hours to see if the error rate drops.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.