Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre to fibre extra DLM

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Fibre to fibre extra DLM

Sad to say but it's not uncommon to have people across the street from you to get different speeds hell even a next door neighbour can have different from you.
it's all down to how your copper or Aluminium Telephone cable from your home is routed to the fibre cab as well as it's quality,  you could very well have worse cabling than everyone else or it's routed to the cab different i have heard of one street having cabling go in a different direction to those across the street before going to the cab adding distance and slower speeds, Dont forget most of the phone cabling was laid down decades ago. mine was done in the 60's and hasn't been touched since.
As Matt said they could get an engineer out to take a look but they wont mean it will change anything unless the issue is down to fault of some kind

BST
Grafter

Just an update on this, yesterday we had a power cut for 6 hours and when power was restored  my ip profile changed from 52.2 to 68.6 and i am now getting speeds as below

More than happy with this although not that i was`nt happy before as 50mb  was fantastic after so many years of dial up and low speed broadband.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to see you've had a increase.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

wow that's some increase and nice to see but I wonder what was stopping it from increasing before it's been 3 months, seems like something cleared with the 6hr power loss.
MelRocks
Grafter

Hi there,
It does sound like some kind of cobwebs in the router that the 6 hour power down cleared. I'm glad to hear the issue is cleared now though. Smiley
Thanks.