Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre to Fibre Extra

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Fibre to Fibre Extra

Well it shows the upgrade did go through, but your sync speed is quite low.

I'm afraid it doesn't. The Max observed speeds on the wholesale checker are not necessarily  an indication that the product has been changed.

I don't know how they are obtained but I suspect they are calculated during some form of test, not real ones. For example my line says

Max Observed Downstream Speed 68.72
Max Observed Upstream Speed 17.91
Observed Date 2020-04-10

but I am NOT on Fibre extra and never have been , my actual sync speeds are 40 down and 10 up and always have been.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@Leapy  for FTTC/VDSL a filtered master socket should be fitted and will give the best performance, and extensions don't need filters.

ADSL is less fussy so if no filtered master socket, all extensions with phones should have a filter.

Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

@MisterW I am Fibre Extra and mine are not as good as your 40 down 10 up actual.

These are tests today the BT one is my limits of 35 down and 20 up, but the actual is not as good as yours and the other 12 are hourly snapshots, all with very little else running.

BT WholesaleBT WholesaleHourly snapshotsHourly snapshotsPN average over 12 hoursPN average over 12 hours

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

@Mustrum wrote:

@Leapy  It should be totally quiet - any noise is likely to lead to a reduction in broadband speed.

On your DSL checker, the Max observed speeds show that it is pointless going to Extra as the speeds are under 40/10.

You line is cable of a lot more, so you should be going through the diagnostics to help diagnose your issue.

@Mustrum I have been on PN  Fibre Extra (from PN Fibre) for 11 months and it seems no different to the basic PN Fibre (other than higher cost)   

On 17070 quiet test you I can't hear any noise, which I think is good 😊

The limited diagnostics I can do in Admin and line checking, and moving kit, filtering or disconnecting bits, make no difference, so I guess consistency is good? 🙄

Leapy
Seasoned Champion

@AdrianP @Mustrum @MisterW  I have just raised my low speeds as a fault to get it looked at  https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults

@AdrianP  it would be ironic if they suggest a new router for EXTRA would fix the problem Cheesy