cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre to Fibre Extra - No Speed Change

TootieFrootie
Grafter

Fibre to Fibre Extra - No Speed Change

I've always had a good and stable connection with PN over the years. I've been on Fibre for about a year with a fairly constant 35Mbps DL speed day and night. On 4th Jun this year it dropped to a constant 31Mbps day and night. About a week ago it rose back to 35Mpbs for about 2 days then has dropped back to a steady 31Mbps where it is right now. I upgraded to Fibre Extra and got a switchover confirmation email at 01:10 Fri 21 Jun. I know you are supposed to give it a few days to settle down but the fact that the line is still stuck on 31Mbps (not going up or down) suggests to me that a. there is something throttling me / sync speed issue or b. I having not actually fully switched over yet. Can PN take a look please? I did speak with PN a short while ago via chat and they said there is no throttle and to run some tests (change my wireless settings) and see how it goes for the next few days but I have a feeling something is getting missed. Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16
Menace65
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Fibre to Fibre Extra - No Speed Change

Did you check

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If I remember, it will show your max up and down speeds.

Al the best

TootieFrootie
Grafter

hi Menace65, yes test shows 31.76 down, 8.25 up and ping latency 23.

TootieFrootie
Grafter

Also ran the additonal test and same result: down 31.76 (IP profile for line 32.4) and 8.25 up (upstream rate IP profile 20Mpbs).

Menace65
Aspiring Pro

@TootieFrootie 

OK, I asked because I've read posts about people upgrading to Fibre extra, when they are already at thier max speed, they can get.

try http://dslchecker.bt.com/ to check what the max speed you can get [cabinet]

you could also check SamKnows

TootieFrootie
Grafter

That tells me I should be getting both excellent up and down speeds (see attachment)

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from attachment in a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Something is definitely wrong there. Maybe something as simple as a stuck profile or a dreaded line fault. Maybe a plusnet staffer could advise
TootieFrootie
Grafter

I had something similar happen when I switched to standard Fibre last year and PN managed to sort it out after an investigation. Fingers crossed I've never had a line fault per se in all my years with PN. It's always been some sort of cap or throtttle incorrectly applied. Thanks Menace.

Menace65
Aspiring Pro

You're welcome

Hope the staff sort it out for you.

TootieFrootie
Grafter

Apologies to the moderator, I didn't spot some personal info in my attachment, thanks for removing.

Mav
Fixes: 515

@TootieFrootie 

No problemSmiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

TootieFrootie
Grafter

So on the back of the assistance and guidance from other forum members, and the tests I have just run, could I ask a PN staff member to look further into this for me, please? Thanks.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch @TootieFrootie

We've checked and the upgrade did go through to Fibre Extra on our supplier's systems and there are no profiles restricting your speeds.

I'd recommend raising this as a fault here so we can look into this further and then posting back once you've done so

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
TootieFrootie
Grafter

hi Matthew, unfortunately that faults link doesn't work ie not found (tried it on Safari and FF) and I can't find the section on the main plusnet site for raising a new ticket.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Apologies the correct link is here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team