Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre stuck at 6mb since Saturday

Ed1980
Hooked

Fibre stuck at 6mb since Saturday

Hi

I've been having problems with speed, started Saturday dropping from 36 to 12mb, rebooted the router and it popped back to 30 wish then back to 6mb where it has stuck. don't want to reboot again incase it goes even lower! 

Raised a fault but nobody has responded

for the record, since the last fault I have had all wiring in house disconnected so I only have a new 5C master socket and my router plugged into that, no phones extensions etc. 

can anyone please help?

4 REPLIES 4
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Fibre stuck at 6mb since Saturday

Hi @Ed1980,

I'm sorry that your speed has dropped and that you've not yet received an update from our faults team. Thank you for confirming that your router is currently connected to the master socket and that you don't have any extension wiring or phone handsets in place.

I've tested your line and can see that it's currently syncing at 6.5mbps, which is below your estimates of 34.3 - 40mbps:

Sadly, the test hasn't picked up the cause of the drop in speed so we'll need to do some further investigation. Please connect your router to the test socket as per the guide here - https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242. This will rule out any problems with your master socket's faceplate.

If the speed doesn't improve when the router is connected to the master socket, please report the fault here and let us Please report the issue here and let us know when you've completed it. We will then be able to investigate this further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Apologies, you've already reported the fault to us so you won't need to do that part again. Please get back in touch on here if connecting to the master socket doesn't resolve the speed problem.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Ed1980
Hooked

Plugged into master socket with microfilter and went to 36, the plugged back into faceplate and now at 38.29 Mbps

similar to Saturday when it dropped to 12 and I rebooted it came back to full speed for a bit before dropping to 6.

not sure what to do now other than cross my fingers it stays at full speed?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @Ed1980 

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing intermittent slow speeds.

Our test are showing a potential fault on the line which we'd need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further although first I've ordered you a new router as this type of fault can be caused by a router which may have developed a fault.

If you continue to experience problems with your new router once it arrives, could you reply to your fault ticket 195760769 with your availability for an engineer to visit so we can investigate further?

Feel free to post back with how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet