cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre stuck at 40mpbs?

seatmad

Fibre stuck at 40mpbs?

Hello,

Hoping someone can help. I'm with Plusnet for my Fibre Broadband on the Unlimited Fibre extra package so to my understanding that should allow me to get speeds of up to 76mpbs if my line supports it. Now when I first got my broadband installed over a year ok it was originally around 55mbps before dropping down to 50mbps as it stabilised. This all ties in with the BT DSL checker page which shows I should get up to 55.8mps. 

How ever recently my line snyc speed is always at 40mbps (or 39.999 if we want to be accurate). This is even after say a power outage or router restart. Has anyone get any ideas as to why as to me it seems very odd to be bang on 40mpbs which is plusnets lower fibre package even after the line re syncs. Is it possible that I've been dropped down somehow or is that just what my sync speed is. 

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Fibre stuck at 40mpbs?

Hi there! Sorry for the issues you are having.

I have ran a test and this is detecting a possible External Fault. I have raised this to our Suppliers and we should have an update in the next 72 working hours. You can monitor this on Ticket:164906491 Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
seatmad

Thanks very much. I will await the update

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It looks like an engineer visited you yesterday and renewed your master socket, but testing your line again is showing a potential external fault still so I've sent the fault report back to our suppliers to further investigate.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet