cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speeds v.fast, but streaming problem....

speedf
Grafter

Fibre speeds v.fast, but streaming problem....

Hi,
I've had PlusNet fibre for about a year now, and get some pretty fantastic speeds - my SamKnows Whitebox reports an average of approx. 69Mbps download, 18Mbps upload  with latency of about 12ms.  All has been fine until about a week ago, when I've started having problems with streaming services (Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, iPlayer, etc).  Often the video doesn't start, or suffers from buffering every few minutes.  Happens on both wired network (via my PC) and wireless (iPad and laptop).  Everything else is fine and, as mentioned, this only started about a week ago.
Tried resetting and restarting my router (a BT Homehub v5a) with no success.
Anybody else got any thoughts on what might be happening?
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fibre speeds v.fast, but streaming problem....

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your streaming.
I've checked over some of your account details and can't see any obvious causes for it (i.e your're on teh right speed profile, traffic management profile etc).
Still got your TG582n?
If so can you set that up to see if the problem can be replicated?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
SteadVex
Grafter

Friend of mine has been having trouble with their home hub 5, issues such as you describe also, when logging into the router it was so to.respond, nothing seemed to help, had various 'help' from their isp (not plusnet) factory resetting it brought it back like new, speed returned and latency improved
Not sure if you've tried it, but I've seen a few instances of home hubs needing to be factory reset, cant remember off hand but on the hh5 I think you need to hold down the reset button for 10 seconds and the light will flash
speedf
Grafter

Thanks all, tried resetting HH, with no success. I've moved to an Asus DSL-AC68U.  Seems fine now!
JTaylor
Grafter

Hi Speedf
Happy to hear it all looks good! If you have any more issues let us know and we'll have a look over it for you!