Did you mean: 

Fibre speeds slow in evenings

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Fibre speeds slow in evenings

Hi @demon14,

I'm sorry that your speed has dropped following the engineer visit. At the moment, it's not allowing me to test your line and is coming up as "data unavailable from test." We should receive an update from our suppliers shortly and, once we have this, we should hopefully be able to arrange an SNR reset to try and improve your speed in the meantime. Our faults team will contact you once we've received this update from our suppliers.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
demon14
Grafter

Thanks @EmilyD , my connection is now syncing at 56MB better, although lots of FEC errors (mainly when downloading), Didn't see any sign BT openreach dig team were digging today as per comments on the Ticket, and the phone line still does not have a dial tone.

fec.png

What is Plusnets or BT openreach's policy of compensation? , as i have been experiencing slow evening speeds due to this fault for 3 weeks now

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us Tim.

I'm sorry to see you're still experiencing connection problems. I can see the engineer yesterday has retained the job with themselves to investigate the underground fault further today. Let us know how it goes over the course of today.

What is Plusnets or BT openreach's policy of compensation? , as i have been experiencing slow evening speeds due to this fault for 3 weeks now

We'll credit you for the time you've paid for a service you haven't had. This would be calculated working out how much you're paying per day then multiplying that by the number of days your service has been in fault and reported to us.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
demon14
Grafter

Hi
BT openreach have dug up the pavement at the point of the fault they fixed the ducting here but were still unable to pull a new cable through, engineer installed a "connector" at the point of the fault, i now have a dialtone and internet no longer has the high error rate, sync speed is upto ~70mb, but have interleaving enabled, could plusnet reset the training on the line please?.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update.

Unfortunately we're unable to currently test your line due to the job being open with Openreach still so we can't see what DLM banding you're on for us to be able to submit a DLM reset. I've set a reminder for myself to check back on Monday, if you're not on a 80/20 profile I'll be able to look to request a DLM reset however if you are on the right speed profile I'm afraid we're unable to specifically request a reset based on interleaving being switched on. 

Having said that I'd expect the engineer to carry the reset out themselves upon completion of the job.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@demon14, It looks like the engineer believe they've resolved the problem by disconnecting star wiring which is a very ancient form of internal wiring not designed to carry a broadband signal. Our tests are showing your router is in sync at a line speed of 70mbps and you're on an open 80/20 profile now too. Everything working your side as you'd expect?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet