cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speeds dropped

patti
Grafter

Fibre speeds dropped

Since having my Fibre installed early Feb and getting speeds of around 37 mbps, my upload speeds have dropped to around 21 Mbps.. downloads around 12 mbps. Why is this? Even at off peak it is slower. The BT engineer told me I was capable of up to 80 mbps.. so please can someone sort this out as I was promised 40 MBPS.
7 REPLIES 7
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Fibre speeds dropped

Normally I wouldn't suggest rebooting a modem/router, but in this case I think this would be a good idea as you've had a connection for a very long time. Please drop the PPP connection first before rebooting though.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
patti
Grafter

Thanks for your reply. This is new to me so how do i reboot properly?
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Section 5 on this link shows how to disconnect. Once you are disconnect, just switch the router off for a few moments. When on, follow the above process again and click connect.
It's not forced to work, but it's worth a shot.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
patti
Grafter

Rebooted  and getting 29 mbps now.  Fluctuating a lot. I am paying for 40 MBPS not a wild fluctuation between. Can you do something at your end please?
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I've checked the latest capacity report at your exchange (dated last week) and that is all OK. I can therefore only ask that you report a fault to us and we'll adviser further. If you can try another router, it might be worth doing that first though.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
patti
Grafter

I dont have another router. This was only connected a couple of months ago and I am having a problem? How do I submit a fault and what happens then?
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

The router is a long shot, but some of the symptoms made me think it was a possibility.
You can raise a fault report at  faults.plus.net where you'll be asked a number of questions. Once you've filled it in, you'll get some automated tests done on your line. After this someone will pick the ticket up and try to fix it, or report the problem to BTwholesale.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team