Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speeds are much slower now.

kitz
Aspiring Pro

Re: Fibre speeds are much slower now.

Quote from: plusnettony
As far as I can see, you're not on G.INP.

and thats the crux of it.
If the DLM profile showed 'retransmission'  then that would mean all is ok and there should be no problem. 
Retransmission only tends to show up in the profile when the EU has a compatible modem/router and g.inp is working as it should.
If the modem/router is incompatible, then the DLM will not apply ReTx, and instead falls back to some default profile which applies interleaving and error correction...  and you seeing nothing about RetX from the GEA test Sad

kitz
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Simonzo
Well I have an ECI modem have lost about 10 mbps and latency has doubled.
The only thing I don't know is what type of cabinet it is.
So it may be possible it's related to G.Inp.
I'd never heard of it before to be honest,but it seems a hot topic at the moment!

As Andy has already said Cab 39 is Phase BDUK Cumbria 11b and a Huawei.
You use an ECI modem and overnight you lost 10Mbps of sync speed and doubling of latency.
Looks like you may well have a problem that is related to G.INP Sad
PS
A drop from 76Mbps to 30Mbps is far more than I'd expect to see from g.inp so there may also be something else going on too.
Simonzo
Dabbler

My speed has been around 45mbps for at least 9months.I never got 76mbps.The fastest I've had is 68mbps but this was in the first 10 days of getting fibre and I think I was one of the first to get connected to the new cabinet.
I had a problem with upload speed a while back,but it was a setting on my pc when I updated the nvidia driver.(It took me ages to figure that one out but nothing to do with my broadband thankfully)
As I said it's been 45 for a long time and when I did those pingtests it always gave me a low ping(14 to 15ms) and low jitter(2 to 3ms) so I was pleased.

kitz
Aspiring Pro

Ahhh  sorry, I'd quickly scanned back to see how much sync speed you'd lost and had misinterpreted the info in your first post.
If you'd been stable at 45Mbps for months, then the sudden drop to 30Mbps is much more like it.
Simonzo
Dabbler

So,the only way I could find out,would to be to buy a Huawei modem and hope for the best?
Simonzo
Dabbler

Sorry to bring up an old thread but thought I should post if anyone else has had similar problems.
Anyway after I reported this problem I had two engineer visits.The first was very helpful and spent a lot of time trying to sort it but couldn't improve the speeds.The second engineer said there was nothing wrong and blamed it on more people being connected to the cabinet.
Both of them said they hadn't heard of G.INP but the first mentioned vectoring.
I left it like that as I didn't want to be charged for a call out fee.
  Anyway recently I bit the bullet and purchased a new all in one router and my speed has shot up to 50mbps and ping returned to 14 to 15ms ping.Unfortunately my upload speed seems to be stuck on about 8mbs was about 14 but I have read openreach are only using G.INP on the download now.
It seem likely that G.INP was the cause but it may have been a faulty eci modem but would have expected the engineers to know that.
Surely it would be cheaper for openreach to supply/replace the correct modem for your cabinet instead of paying for needless call outs.
mirage4802

Same thing has happened to me. First got fibre in August 2014, we recieved the full 76/20 as stated in the package and held it for a long time but a few months ago, it slipped to 60-odd megabits in the IP profile and it's been a slippery slope since. Despite me leaving it on for weeks on end, the IP profile never improved and now the speed is around 45-50 Mbps and the upload has halved from 20 to just under 10 Mbps. I know that G.INP isn't an issue as its an ECI cab and modem.
Simonzo
Dabbler

I was estimated 72mbps when we signed up for fibre but we've never had this speed I think it was around 65mbps over the first ten days and eventually crept down to 45/46mbs which it stayed like that  until it dropped below 38mps.This was why I reported it because I was paying for 76/20 but could have saved money by going on the upto 38mbps package.
 The speed didn't change for 7 months until I bought a new router and within 2 weeks the speed went to 42 then to 46 and has now settled at 50mbps and it's nice and stable so am happy now.I am on a Huawei cabinet though as a helpful forum member informed me.
I looked up information on the Kitz webpage, there is some great advice on there.Most of it went over my head mind, but I seemed to get the gist of what I needed to know.