Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speeds & IP Profile

fusileer2002
Grafter

Re: Fibre speeds & IP Profile

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=142281795322423268981
Using their alternate speedtester I got a graph with 2 lines on, see above. Does this make any more sense?
AndyH
Grafter

I'm still a little confused Smiley
What about the BT Speed Tester http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ - can you run that and the Further Diagnostics ? What's your current line speed here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed ? Which exchange are you on?
fusileer2002
Grafter

I'm on "Old Catterick" NEOC and line speed is set at 77.4mb.
Attached are two screenshots from the BTwholesale tester - with further diagnostics and then even further connect as speedtest@speedtest_domain
AndyH
Grafter

Thanks - that's useful information and Plusnet will be able to see those speed test results their end.
I think we've ruled out an issue your end (network wise) and the TAP3 result rules out an issue Plusnet's end.
It looks like there is possibly a congestion issue. Your exchange is connected to Leyburn which does have a capacity issue on one link. Plusnet will be able to run some tests on your connection and see if you're on that affected link. Have you raised a ticket at http://faults.plus.net yet?
fusileer2002
Grafter

Yes, a little earlier this evening. Thanks for the suggestions and advice so far.
AndyH
Grafter

No worries. Hopefully someone in the faults team will come back to you early next week after running some checks.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for raising that through.
Our faults team will be in touch as soon as possible.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
fusileer2002
Grafter

Been like this since around 6pm this evening. Currently unusable for anything other than web browsing and email.

fusileer2002
Grafter

Well theres an engineer visit booked for Monday morning, with the usual disclaimers about charges if it turns out to be my equipment etc etc. I'm not sure what they'll make of it to be honest as there is never an issue on a morning, only during the much busier evening times.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I suspect that as it looks like an exchange or backhaul congestion issue the visiting engineer will be unable to do anything about it. They seem to insist on sending out an engineer even when the symptoms suggest that there is no local or connection speed problem. Sad
fusileer2002
Grafter

Just wanted to put this result up - about 4pm on Saturday afternoon - to show that things do work properly some of the time and perhaps when the network isn't so busy. 9am gives the best results, but I'm not getting out of bed on a weekend jus to run a speedtest Wink

fusileer2002
Grafter

And the 8:30pm test for comparison.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I can see our Faults team are still investigating this for you.
We'll let you know as soon as we know more.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
fusileer2002
Grafter

Thanks Matthew
Just had the engineer visit. Nice guy and very helpful, but as expected the line tested fine. He figured it was just doe to very high demand on the exchange (or somewhere in the network) at peak hours. I'll wait to hear back from you guys though.
fusileer2002
Grafter

Still slowing down a lot of an evening, sometimes its better, sometimes its worse. I realise its due to high demand on the local exchanges or on the network in general, but is there likely to ever be an improvement? I have a gaming Youtube channel and am looking into starting livestreaming, but I'm worried its going to be unfeasible with connection speeds like this during the prime streaming hours.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=142420591016523570624