cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speeds - Plusnet and Openreach communication issue

Alb1e

Fibre speeds - Plusnet and Openreach communication issue

Hi Everyone

We have PlusNet unlimited Fibre and the contracted speed is around 15Mbps, currently we have around 4Mbps. . We are currently connected to a cabinet about a mile away (cab 1) which is causing the deterioration in the speed. However there is now a cabinet opposite the house (cab13) which we would like to be connected to. Our neighbour - same building - is connected to it and enjoys around 50Mbps. This is a long standing issue and PlusNet do not seem to be able to do anything about it - they appear to be at the mercy of OpenReach and seem to be helpless (see latest dialogue below).

I guess we cannot complain directly to OpenReach (if it's even possible), we have to go through our provider, but it seems we're not getting anywhere. Are OpenReach unaccountable?!!! I'm thinking even if we change providers we'll probably be stuck in the same boat. Does anyone have any advice as to where we can go from here?

Essentially this issue is that until all of the records are confirmed as correct and as they should be on the back end systems we’re not able to request an engineer to go out to connect you to Cab 13 – though you, I, and the engineers all recognise that this is an easily accomplished job. We have to jump through the requisite hoops, and rectifying these records – something you would think would be quite easy – has taken a long time, and continues to, despite the escalations raised. This is not helped by what appears to be at least two departments in Openreach not responding to us in a prompt manner which has led to numerous chaser emails.

4 REPLIES 4
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Fibre speeds - Plusnet and Openreach communication issue

Do you mind sending the username over in a PM? I can't seem to locate your account under typical means.

Thanks,

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Alb1e

The account is in my husbands name, Michael Brown, but he works shifts and doesn't have time to deal with this. Do you need his username (email) and password for the PlusNet account? Do you need him to send his authority? How do I send a PM?

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you click on my profile, there should be the option to private message me. From there, just the account username would be beneficial.

Matty

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for this, I've had a brief chat with the individual dealing with your case. The issue is going on much longer than we'd like to expect, which is frustrating for ourselves as well as you. Apologies for this.

I guess we cannot complain directly to OpenReach (if it's even possible), we have to go through our provider, but it seems we're not getting anywhere. Are OpenReach unaccountable?!!! I'm thinking even if we change providers we'll probably be stuck in the same boat. Does anyone have any advice as to where we can go from here?

Any contact with Openreach does need to be done by ourselves. As it's still a physical issue, it's likely you'll find the same problem whoever your provider is. I'll keep eyes out from afar, and ensure that we're doing everything we can to get your issue resolved.

Matty