cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed

glassi

Fibre speed

Fibre has been slow recently, prior to moving my landline to plus in Feb I was connecting at approx 65Mbs down speed ( cabinet is approx 250m from house) recently the speed has dropped to 35Mps down & 18 up, have reset the router ... no change. Main pc is connected direct to the router via LAN cable. numerous speed tests give the same results.

Connection has gone from very good to merely satisfactory .... any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Fibre speed

@glassi Welcome to the forums. Hopefully, one of the Plusnet Help Team will get round to this topic in time, but fellow Community members may be able to help.

If you can post screen shot results of the following, it will give us a start:

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection please report the 'Additional Diagnostics', and sight of the Help Desk tab  from your Hub would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of you phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@ Welcome to the forum.

If your speed is less than your contract minimum guaranteed speed then report it at https://faults.plus.net.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @glassi, thanks for getting in touch.

I am really sorry for the issues with your speed and for the problems caused.

I have tested your line and we are seeing a sync speed of 59.5mb with no faults being highlighted.

As you aren't seeing these speeds over a wired connection, we may need to look at sending an engineer. Do you get similar results when testing off another device (if able to)?

I have logged the fault for you here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=220210194 and if you add a reply, just give us a nudge on here and we can pick that up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
glassi

Hi .... Ive changed a couple of things on the internal network and the speed test is now reporting 54.83Mbps up & 20.84 down, still not as fast as I was getting but a lot better than last week. Thanks for your help

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting back to us @glassi and I'm glad to hear that the changes you've made have resulted in your speeds coming back up. Just out of curiosity, what did you change that lead to almost a 20Mbps increase?

To be honest, 54Mbps sounds about right, your throughput speed is usually 90 - 95% of the sync speed, so I don't think there ar any problems really. Let us know if you do have any further issues though and we'll be happy to investigate.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds