cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed was around 42mb for the first month...... then.

lamboman
Hooked

Fibre speed was around 42mb for the first month...... then.

This will be quick as I know the speed has been dropped and I would like it reinstated please! When I connected just over a month ago I was enjoying around 40-42mb speed over Ethernet, about 38 wifi. As soon as my first month was up I noticed my speed has been dropped to around 20mb. I run a broadband speed test every 4-5 days and have monitored it for the past week or so and it has been a steady 19-20mb which is not what I had, or what I'm paying for. If one of the mods would sort this out for me asap I would be very grateful. Either on here or through pm. There is nothing wrong with equipment etc, it's just been capped. Thanks.Cool_smiley

6 REPLIES 6
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Fibre speed was around 42mb for the first month...... then.

Hi @lamboman

The MODS are just normal customers with no special access to your accounts. They just moderate posts to the forum. Nothing more.

I suggest that you follow the advice here and then log a fault here

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
lamboman
Hooked

I meant Staff members more tbh, when I first connected BT [-Censored-] my connection up and darkfire sorted it all out over pm but he no longer works here I believe, so whoever is next in line to sort it out. FAQ is pointless i've checked everything. Cheers though.Thumbs_Up

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav) Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules

dannyboy75
Rising Star

If your speed has dropped that much then, as suggested, you'll need to raise a fault ticket with PN.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi there,

I've made a couple of changes to your line. Changes should be reasonlably instant so are you ok to check it again soon?

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
lamboman
Hooked

Hi Matty,

Excellent work mate, yes it's back up to the 40-42mb I had before, can you put something on my account so it isn't dropped again? As I check weekly so will notice if it happens again. Cheers again.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately that's not possible. It will fluctuate as that's how DLM works based on line quality.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.