cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed very slow

infinitygauntle

Fibre speed very slow

My fibre speed is very slow - I'm on the up to 76mbps package but I rarely get close to 30mbps since I moved over from BT.
I rather naively assumed Plusnet was providing me with what I had paid for - to the point of replacing my home hub 5 with a BT openreach modem connected to a brand new ASUS AC87U router.  I'm sitting 5 feet away from the router now and the speed is just hovering at 30mbps (when I was with BT directly it never went below 56mbps - and that was at it's lowest, it was usually in the 70-71mbps range).
I really need you to look at my line and get my speed back up to what I was getting with BT.  If you can't do that, then I need you to "make it right" in terms of the service I have paid for but not received, and let me out of my contract so I can get my broadband back up and running properly.
Please let me know if you need more information from me.
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Fibre speed very slow

how about the result from here - IP profiles only as the upload speed result is garbage http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/PerformanceTesterWS/diagnostics.do and also the Plusnet Current Line Speed - se my sig for a link
infinitygauntle

thanks for coming back so quick!
Here's my TAP3 (will send the extra info in next post):

FAQ
Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download Speed
46.45 Mbps

0 Mbps 69.67 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 46.45 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-69.67 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 69.67 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
3.09 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 3.09Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

Your service was found to be performing poorly.
Please raise a fault with your service provider, stating that the BT Performance Tester tool indicates poor service throughput performance after the third test.
infinitygauntle

I ran it a couple of times, 46 was the highest (36 was the second highest, the standard test maxed at 30mbps).
infinitygauntle

For the sake of checking a few sources I just ran the test at www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk, which connected to a server in Maidenhead, and gave me a result of 80.35 Mb/s.  Surely that isn't possible?  (Upload 27Mb/s).

Confused now  Undecided
NoZephy
Rising Star

Lol that website is garbage.

Totally accurate Huh Grin Grin
Stick with ThinkBroadband or better yet don't use any speedtest which is flash based as at the end of the download/upload they usually spike and give you something innacurate.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
If your speeds are consistently below the estimates we provided for your line I'd strongly recommend reporting this to us as a fault. Without doing so there's little we can do to help, you can report faults directly to us at https://faults.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.