Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed v low since BT reset, advice needed

jonnyfriendly
Grafter

Fibre speed v low since BT reset, advice needed

HI
Openreach came on Friday re. low speeds on my connection (getting around 43mps download, had previously been getting approx. 52/53mps)
At the time the engineer reset the line and said i was now getting around 51mps at the socket, waited 5mins and said it was stable.
The following morning Sat. I checked and speed had gone down considerably, now 11.37mps Sunday am  (see stats below)
Ive restarted router to no avail.
Can someone advise ? Do i get BT around again or wait for 3days in the hope it may increase
- seems extremely slow to me
Thanks in advance
j

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download Speed
11.37 Mbps

0 Mbps 46.53 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 11.37 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-46.53 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 46.53 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
15.67 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 15.67Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your Broadband Service Provider to investigate the fault.
If you wish to carry out further tests,please click on 'Continue' button.If not, please close the window using 'Exit' button and contact your ISP for further assistance with these results.
2 REPLIES 2
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Fibre speed v low since BT reset, advice needed

Hi did you have a fault that was detected by Plusnet that required the engineer or did Plusnet just send the Engineer out because the speed had dropped ?
Ive had my connection drop from 65Mb down to 46Mb and Plusnet wont do damn thing because they say nothing is wrong, yet you had a less of a drop than me and get an engineer out with a DLM reset .  WTH

If there was a fault fair enough in which case did the engineer find the fault and sort that out before Resetting DLM if not that wouldn't have made a difference the fault would have still been there and could be the reason for the further drop, I would get another engineer out something clearly wrong for it to drop so much.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Fibre speed v low since BT reset, advice needed

@jonnyfriendly
I can see we've picked up your fault ticket again due to the speeds being significantly below your estimates, we'll provide updates on the open ticket.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.