cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed the same after upgrade

Bustermagic1
Grafter

Fibre speed the same after upgrade

Hi, Please can a PlusNet support member check my connection. Last week I upgraded from PN unlimited fibre to unlimited fibre extra. Download speed is still around 32 mb, Sync at 40mb and Profile seems to be 33mb. Is this the best I can expect or should I be syncing a little higher. Thanks, Dave
17 REPLIES 17
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Fibre speed the same after upgrade

Thanks for getting in touch @Bustermagic1

I've tested your line and I can see that the order to upgrade your speeds to Fibre Extra hasn't gone through on our supplier's end.

This has now been done manually and you should see faster speeds from Monday

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Bustermagic1
Grafter

Thanks @MatthewWheeler I've checked this morning and there is no change on sync (40mb) or profile (33mb). Would this be the limit for the line/connection? Thanks, Dave
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Dave, I can see the upgrade order to 80/20 has completed but testing your line is showing an artificial restriction/banding by the dynamic line management(DLM) software at the exchange to the previous profile rate:

"0.128M-40M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off"

I'm requesting we submit a DLM reset which should go through within the next 48 hours, although from what we can see your sync speed is at 34.2mbps which is below what the line is banded at.

That said if your router is advising the sync speed is at 40mbps I'd expect when the banding to be removed your speeds to increase. Could you post up your router stats showing this though as it's odd that our tests are showing different things.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bustermagic1
Grafter

Hi @Gandalf, Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry, my mistake. The max rate is 40mb and sync is 34mb. Stats attached. Regards, Dave
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

If your synch is only 34Mbps now, then upgrading to extra is not going to increase it.

What speeds should your line be getting according to the DSL Checker ?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Bustermagic1,

It's odd that your line is still syncing at 34mbps. The estimated speed for your line is 35- 53.6mbps, so this is below the estimates.

We'll need to do some troubleshooting to try and narrow down the cause of the poor speed. I'd recommend starting with basic checks here. If these checks don't resolve the problem, the next step would be to connect your router directly to the test socket, which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the sync speed improves. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. Please see the guide here for instructions on how to connect to the test socket.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Bustermagic1
Grafter

Hi @EmilyD Thank you for your reply. I have plugged my router in to the master socket and the connection is the same, Max data rate 10.13/41532 and sync rate of 10.13mbps/34.56mbps. I then tried a PlusNet hub1 router, the sync rate was 8.879mbps/38.36mbps. I've now reconnected my hub6 router back and it's showing a connection of 10.13mbps/34.56mbps. I've attached the router stats and BT test results. Regards, Dave
Bustermagic1
Grafter

Hi @Mustrum, I've been having low speed issues for a while now. When I extended my contract PlusNet could not offer me a discount on my normal Unlimited Fibre connection but could on Fibre Extra, the Fibre Extra price was beneficial. I was also hoping is would correct my speed issue, unfortunately it did not :( It seems that my line has a cap on it at the moment. I have attached the DSL Checker. Regards, Dave
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Dave

I'm sorry to see you're still experiencing speed problems.

I'd recommend reporting a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net as I'd like to arrange an engineer visit to investigate this further as something definitely isn't right somewhere. 

If you can drop us a reply over here once you've reported the fault we'll pick it up and ensure it's progressed.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bustermagic1
Grafter

Hi @Gandalf, I have completed a fault reporting. Thanks, Dave
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks a lot, I've just added a response to the fault ticket for you. Here's a direct link to it: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=193015642

Adam 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Bustermagic1
Grafter

Hi, Just went in to my open question to look for an update and mistakenly closed in. Is it possible to reopen question #193015642. Thanks, Dave
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Dave, that's cool no problem. The close button is very close to the view button. I've opened a new fault ticket and I've booked the engineer appointment for this Friday between 8am and 1pm. Let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bustermagic1
Grafter

Hi @Gandalf

An update on the engineer visit this morning. The engineer found a fault with the line out by the road. This was fixed but the after testing again he said that there is a problem with the cabinet. It receiving 90mb in but losing about 20-30mb inside. He has requested a fibre engineer to investigate the cabinet error/problem. He said that he would expect another 10-15mb extra speed when it is fixed.

Regards,
Dave