Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed slowing

FIXED
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Fibre speed slowing

Following the recent snow we had a couple of days where the electricity was going on and off (auto re-closure). The electricity company seem to have finally fixed the fault but I see my sync speed seems to have dropped. As the cabinet also lost supply I'm surprised it didn't leave things are it was when it came alive again. It was about 72Mb a couple of months ago, now down to just over 65Mb. Any chance of giving it a shove?

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
5 REPLIES 5
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Fibre speed slowing

It's totally under the control of the Openreach DLM system, PlusNet can do very little about it. The FTTC cabinets have battery backup so it would have seen your power outages. Your sync speed may recover but difficult to say how long it might take.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

It's probably been slowed by the DLM increasing your SNR. This is an automatic process that can't be 'shoved' back. If you're patient and leave it be it should recover on its own but timing can be a bit variable.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

Sorry to hear your speeds have dropped.

I've tested your line and you're not actually being capped by DLM as your profile is "0.128M-80M Downstream 5dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off"

It could well be crosstalk causing this which is interference from other fibre lines. Unfortunately there's not much we can do regarding this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Thanks for the info. I'll see what happens. DLM seems to be very active lately. I liked it when the speed was going upwards 🙂

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems. Fingers crossed your speeds increase.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet