Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed slowing

FIXED
idonno
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Fibre speed slowing

Following the recent snow we had a couple of days where the electricity was going on and off (auto re-closure). The electricity company seem to have finally fixed the fault but I see my sync speed seems to have dropped. As the cabinet also lost supply I'm surprised it didn't leave things are it was when it came alive again. It was about 72Mb a couple of months ago, now down to just over 65Mb. Any chance of giving it a shove?

5 REPLIES
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: Fibre speed slowing

It's totally under the control of the Openreach DLM system, PlusNet can do very little about it. The FTTC cabinets have battery backup so it would have seen your power outages. Your sync speed may recover but difficult to say how long it might take.

Highlighted
Baldrick1
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 58

It's probably been slowed by the DLM increasing your SNR. This is an automatic process that can't be 'shoved' back. If you're patient and leave it be it should recover on its own but timing can be a bit variable.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 213

Fix

Sorry to hear your speeds have dropped.

I've tested your line and you're not actually being capped by DLM as your profile is "0.128M-80M Downstream 5dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off"

It could well be crosstalk causing this which is interference from other fibre lines. Unfortunately there's not much we can do regarding this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
idonno
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks for the info. I'll see what happens. DLM seems to be very active lately. I liked it when the speed was going upwards :-)

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 461

No problems. Fingers crossed your speeds increase.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team