cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed recently dropped

richm
Dabbler

Fibre speed recently dropped

The down speed of my fibre connection has dropped from around 36Mbps to a consistent 10Mbps. The modem is showing a sync speed of around 13Mbps so this is not a problem with the internal LAN. 

Upload speed appears to be normal at around 5Mbps.

Last time this happened my account had been set to the wrong profile. Please advise.

Kind regards,

Richard

6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fibre speed recently dropped

Hi Richard, 

I'm sorry to see that this is an issue but I'm glad that we've been able to identify and report a line fault for you today. It's been documented on your account here and we should have some updates for you within the next couple of days: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=195360930

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
richm
Dabbler

Line fault was apparently fixed this morning, however there is no improvement in speed, which is still way below what it should be.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @richm 

I've raised to get your line unbanded as its currently set to a max of 13Mbps D/L. 

We should get a reply to this in the next 48 hours

Thanks, 

MoR

richm
Dabbler

Received another text this morning to say it is fixed.... but it doesn't surprise me to see that it is NOT resolved and the line is still syncing at around 10-13Mbps.

richm
Dabbler

Apparently there is still a bridge tap fault on my line. I don't even get a dial tone at the master socket. No one will come out and fix it whilst I am away on holiday next week, despite it being an external wiring problem.

So now I await an engineer visit and further inconvenience of not being able to leave my home at any point during the 5 hour time slot I have been given!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @richm

Unfortunately if our tests don't show an external issue then I'm afraid the only way we can proceed is to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

With regards to the timeslots, I'm afraid there isn't much we can do about these either as these are the timeslots given to us by Openreach

If your speeds are still poor after the engineer visit let us know

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team