Fibre speed issues

FIXED
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Fibre speed issues

Hi @1rtomlinson

The 7am timestamp is just the default time that our internal tickets come off hold - it isn't indicative of a response time from our suppliers, it just means that we pick up any tickets that are due an update on that day from 7am onwards. I can see that my colleague Tahir has since provided an update here

In terms of your downtime, although we're committed to joining the automatic compensation scheme, we haven't done so as yet, therefore the £8 a day does not apply at this stage. However, we will still be happy to look at your downtime once the fault is resolved to your satisfaction.

Best wishes

Dave

1rtomlinson
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi @RandallFlagg

When I got home tonight there was an OpenReach Engineer fixing the issue, I'm now connected again but at a lower speed of around 40mbps.

At this stage I'm happy to leave it at that as it's better have this than no connection. In terms of a refund 4 days without service would be suitable.

I'm not sure whether it would be possible to downgrade my contact to Unlimited Fibre for the remainder as that more closely matches the speeds I'm able to achieve.

Thanks in advance.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Fix

Hi @1rtomlinson,

Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate your comments.

I'm pleased the phone fault is now resolved and I have processed a credit for your downtime here.

With regards to downgrading to Unlimited Fibre, the speed profile you are being supplied with is for Unlimited Fibre Extra so if you are getting a speed at the lower end of the range this suggests there is an issue somewhere along the line. I realise you have just had the fault fixed however in order to find out where the issue lies we would need to troubleshoot again and connect to the test socket:

Wi-Fi troubleshooting: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL

Connect to the test socket: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If you feel you'd still prefer to downgrade please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632. You can contact them between:

08:00 and 20:00 Monday - Friday
09:00 and 19:00 Saturday
09:00 and 18:00 Sunday

Call wait times are minimal to this number, although they may fluctuate at peak times. Please make reference to the recent fault ticket advised earlier if doing so.

Thanks - LF