cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed issues - No replies to tickets !

dannyb81666
Grafter

Re: Fibre speed issues - No replies to tickets !

Hi RandallFlagg,

Correct me if I'm wrong, the engineer appointment should fail (for wed 18th) as there has been no confirmation of work done at the cabinet yet by BT, why this never happend on friday I'm still in the dark about.

I am pretty sure that no work has been carried out as my connection stability and speed is now worse than previously, so there is no point in sending an engineer until this work has been done.

"Currently an appointment exists for the 18th but we need to make sure the new DSLAM card and external work has been completed or the appointment will fail, so if it hasn't it may need changing. Currently awaiting confirmation from OR esc team."
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi Danny - Unfortunately that is correct.

We're still chasing our suppliers for an update in terms of the DSLAM work and will provide further info as soon as we have it.

I'm sorry I can't give you a straight answer at this stage - as soon as we know more, we'll ensure you do too.

Best wishes

Dave

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @dannyb81666 We've been chasing this up with our suppliers escalation team and they're escalating this with the senior area manager of the engineers on the ground as they've not heard anything back.

I've been advised to move the appointment for tomorrow back as we don't want that going ahead if the DSLAM work hasn't been completed. I've moved it to next Wednesday morning but we should be able to bring it forward if needed. Having said that I'd hope that once the work at the cabinet has been carried out we won't need to arrange another visit.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dannyb81666
Grafter

Hi,

I received an update to my ticket from BT ... around 2:37pm today stating that the card had been changed but still issues were persisting. Literally a few minutes later, and as i was reading the update my router dropped sync for around 10 minutes, which it's never done before ... the cynic in me thinks that the DSLAM card in the cabinet was being changed at this time though. ..

Once my connection came back approx 2:50pm I appear to have no errors however the speeds remain sub par. My line profile looks to be capped at 40mbps down and 3.2mbps up. 

I'll keep an eye on my DSL stats while i wait to hear again from BT ...Router17th.PNG

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update @dannyb81666 

I've emailed the escalation team chasing for another update and we'll let you know when they've got back to us.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dannyb81666
Grafter

Posting again due to me asking two questions on my ticket but no reply from Plusnet/BT.

As mentioned in my ticket the line is currently stable but sync speeds are low (upload is unrealisticly slow). I'd like the DLM profile reset so true speeds can be seen especially with regards to the stability when faster speeds are available ... 

Current router stats:

Router19th.PNG

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@dannyb81666,

Looks like @Gandalf updated the ticket just after your community post, he's also taking ownership of it for you now. 

dannyb81666
Grafter

Hi Joe,

Yes i noticed that. I've updated the ticket with today's info. There might be some light at the end of the tunnel ... but i wont speak too soon Smiley

Current Router stats:
Router20th.PNG
FAO Gandalf - Just for info, the BT line specs ... If plusnet would like to trial FTTP for me, i'd be willing to accept Wink
BT_Wholesale.PNG

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey Danny,

Just got into the office to a flurry of emails (Probably the most I've ever got in such a small space of time) from the escalation team relaying messages from the area manager after they've liaised with the chief engineer's office and also yourself. 

So as you know they believe the problem affecting the DSLAM to now be resolved and they've carried out a DLM reset to improve your speeds and they also plan on calling you again over the weekend to see how things are.

I'm reluctant to do anything this side like cancel the booked engineer for next week so we can test your line, because that would cancel the whole fault report down with Openreach and I'm unsure what impact that'll have on the escalation although I'd hope that the engineer would still follow up this weekend regardless even if the fault was closed, but at this stage I don't want to take the risk as it looks like they've got everything in hand.

Having said that, your sync speeds you've shown us are still way below where we'd expect them to be at around 54.8mbps, so I've emailed the escalation team to pass this information onto the engineers and advise on the next steps. 

P.S. I'd love to say I'll place an FTTP order for you but sadly we're no longer running our trial. Also I'm not sure you'd want FTTP On Demand as the installation costs can be through the roof, because most of the fibre infrastructure won't be in place.

The cheaper version which we trialed and a handful of other ISPs offer as a standard product is WBC FTTP. If you're interested, there's a bit of info on the differences Here. After typing that I realise you were probably speaking in jest. Roll_eyes

Let me know how things go over the weekend, I won't be back in the office until Monday but as always I'll probably pop my head in here now and again.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dannyb81666
Grafter

Hi Gandalf,

Over the weekend the connection has been mostly stable but I am still seeing errors build up, more worryingly CRC errors. Last night however my sync speeds remain about 42/9 but download tests get nothing more than 14meg, plusnet shows my current speed as 14.4 download Sad

I had an engineer drop round on Saturday afternoon for a quick chat and he said hell return on Tuesday to run some checks. I explain that at that time it was looking stable but still on the slow side but as I said, the connection seems to have worsened since then.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Danny,

Looking at the speed profile history on your account, it looks like your IP profile dropped down to around 14mbps on Saturday which caused your account profile to drop along with it.

As you've said last night your sync speed are around 42mbps I've nudged this back up now. Could you disconnect and reconnect your connection letting me know how your speeds look after?

Although having said that, they're still considerably below expectations at around 54.8mbps, so I've gone back to our suppliers escalation team to advise further

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dannyb81666
Grafter

Rebooted and speeds are back up to 42mbps.
Thanks.

There must still be an issue with the local cabinet though Sad I'm not sure where they are going to go from here. Keep me posted,

Cheers.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Rebooted and speeds are back up to 42mbps.

That's good to see Thumbs_Up

There must still be an issue with the local cabinet though Sad I'm not sure where they are going to go from here. Keep me posted,

Yeah there does definitely seem to be an issue somewhere still. Will let you know once we've got more info

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Danny

Are you free anytime this week for an engineer to pop around?

The area manager is asking us to pass on a suitable date/time.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet