cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed issues - No replies to tickets !

dannyb81666
Grafter

Re: Fibre speed issues - No replies to tickets !

Thanks @madsween 
I've added to the ticket...

"Timeslots for engineer visit - in reply to latest forum post.

Any day and anytime will be suitable, I can work from home when required.
8am - 6pm Monday / Friday"

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @dannyb81666,

I have updated the support ticket, please click here to view my response.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
dannyb81666
Grafter

I have updated the ticket with the following :

Hi Faris,

Thankyou for escalating my case, another BT engineer visited this morning, again tested my line and reset my profile, then left. He didn't go to the cabinet or investigate further. His parting comments were that due to a number of recent complains in my area there would be a RAIN engineer sent out this evening to the location (not to my property) to investigate.
I'm seeing the usual slight increase in sync speed and actual speeds but its far from what it should be, and i'm not sure how long it will stay stable before returning to the usual issues...

I'm still going round in circles with this issue, why do they keep sending an engineer out to simply reset my profile instead of fully resolving the issue? - I'll attach my current stats from router and BT Wholesale site.

BT_ADSL_Test.PNGRouter1.PNGRouter2.PNG

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for your post @dannyb81666.

That's certainly a concern, as if this is a REIN (Random Electrical Impulse Noise) issue they can be notoriously difficult to resolve, dependent on the cause.

You're actually able to check your home for any devices generating REIN by having a read through the below:

https://kitz.co.uk/adsl/rein.htm

The engineering notes don't reference a REIN engineer attending today and so I've rejected their 'clear report' and requested confirmation of this. As soon as we receive a response, we'll update you directly.

dannyb81666
Grafter

Update:

Unstable connection again from around 9pm onwards,

current router status and BT speed Test:

BT_ADSL_260819.PNGRouter1b.PNGRouter2b.PNG

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @dannyb81666 Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to see that your speeds are still slow, connection dropping, the previous engineer was unable to investigate further and a REIN engineer hasn't gone out yet.

Unfortunately to progress the fault with our suppliers we need to arrange another engineer visit as a REIN case can only be opened by an engineer themselves and line tests aren't showing an external fault.

I've noted that you work from home so to try to avoid further delay I've taken the liberty to book the engineer in for 02/09/2019 between 8am and 1pm. I've also emailed Openreach requesting that the escalation is picked up at team manager level and a multi-skilled engineer goes out to carry out all quality checks as well as open a REIN case.

I've purposely not booked an engineer this week to provide the escalation team at Openreach time to escalate the fault with the engineers on the ground. If for any reason you can't make that feel free to let us know and we'll be happy to change it.

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes, but let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dannyb81666
Grafter

Hi @Gandalf, thanks for that, and sorry for the late reply but Monday is fine, i'll certainly let you know how it goes.

Regards,

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@dannyb81666,

We'll await your feedback. The escalations team have added specific REIN related notes and checks for the engineer to perform too, we've just had confirmation this morning so we're hopeful it goes well this time. 

dannyb81666
Grafter

Hi, it's been a while since my last update sorry...
I've had a further 2 engineers out since my last post and the connection was looking alot better, they repeated the fibre card in the cabinet and the connection was stable last week and I even saw a slight increase in speeds.
Unfortunately over the weekend I've again experienced dropouts, now it's not as frequent as it was before but it's still happening Sad the last engineer said that if it continues to happen, they may replace the fibre card, it might be a good idea for this to be done.

As far as I'm aware there has never been a REIN engineer sent out btw, I'm not even sure it is REIN.
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @dannyb81666,

I have updated the fault ticket, please click here to view my response.

Let us know please once you're replied to the ticket.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
dannyb81666
Grafter

@Beyhive 
I'll just reply to the ticket, thanks.

Here's a snapshot of this evening ...

Return from work around 5pm, run speed test as i've been doing pretty much daily for over a month now.

Speeds were the fastest i've seen 50mbps down and up to 14mbps up! suprised i ran a few tests to see if it was consistent, which it was till around 7pm when my internet started to drop sync again. Tonight being worse than it's ever been, dropping every few minutes and my speeds, when i can run a test, have dropped way down again

Errors on the connection are climbing again as i'd expect for a flaky connection.

My next engineer visit will be the 6th time BT engineers have been out to my property and each time they test the line they say all's looking fine ... I've asked that they change the fibre card in the cabinet this time but how many times can we go round in circles with this? i think i've been more than patient - i appreciate intermittent faults are hard to diagnose, i work in IT .. But I can't understand why multiple engineers are sent out and rarely do any of them do more than the basic diagnostics on my line, often flagging up no issueRouter2c.PNG

dannyb81666
Grafter

I should have read the ticket first before replying ... Apologies and i appreciate that you're following the issue up.
I've added a comment to the ticket with my availability,

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @dannyb81666 I'm sorry to see you're still experiencing connection problems after so many engineers. Unfortunately there's not really much we can do bar arrange an engineer, escalate and make suggestions on what to do. Sad

I can see the escalation with the Openreach escalation team is at team manager level, so I've booked the engineer visit for 12/09/19 between 8am and 1pm, and emailed the operations manager of the escalation team which is the third/final tier of the escalation path that we can go down.

I've recommended the engineer carries out all quality checks and a thorough end to end investigation as well as opening a REIN case to investigate the possibility of an interference problem.

I understand that we've recommended this in the past but I hope the escalating this further helps move us forward.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dannyb81666
Grafter

So today i get some great news! Due to a billing error (plusnet's side) I've just been billed 3 months in one go. £113+. So not only do I now have a very poor connection, and ongoing reliable connection issue for some time now, I also have to pay a lump sum due to another issue.

Now I appreciate that BT are responsible for the connection issues currently, but I am once again having to chase up why nothing has changed, I was told that BT would be changing the faulty card in the cabinet (on friday 13th) but this also hasnt been done, and no update from BT regarding this. Plusnet couldnt have timed a billing issue better though landing me with a nice token of appreciation.

I could argue that due to my connection issues, how can i be expected to pay full price for my package? I honestly feel i'm going round in circles still. My issue has flagged a "Right to leave" violation, but if i do leave, i have to start all over again with another ISP.

My ticket is now on hold till tomorrow, this is only because I phoned up to enquire about my billing issue today and also asked for an update on my connection issue... otherwise i dont think i would have heard till my 6th engineer scheduled visit booked for Wednesday (18th)   

<Feeling somewhat fed up>

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @dannyb81666

I'm really sorry that someone didn't keep you updated on your fault - this should have happened. In terms of the billing issue, you're absolutely right that it's unfortunate timing, but I can assure it hasn't been deliberate. When the fault is resolved we'll be able to look at the downtime and refund you for the loss of service and the poor experience you've had so far.

Please let us know how things look following the engineer appointment on Wednesday.

Best wishes

Dave