cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed issues - No replies to tickets !

dannyb81666
Grafter

Fibre speed issues - No replies to tickets !

Hi,

I've had issues with my line since i moved in, i put up with it and lowered my connection to 40/10 option (this was over a year ago)
The connection has been ok i guess, but recently i've been having issues again. Upload drops out completely and the connection drops.

I Want someone to look at my line as there is clearly an issue. i'm very close to the cabinet so really i should be getting maximum speeds...BT's estimates match that saying i should be able to achieve close to maximum.

My line should now have been upgraded to unlimited extra (80/20), i have had confirmation that this has been processed - but still my line is capped at 40mbps, most likely due to the issues ?
When i raise a ticket in my portal, no one replies to it, i have a question (or two) open now since the 12th with no comment or action at all ...

I'll attach my router DSL status and a BT wholesale speedtest i ran recently.

I'd like to see some statistics from Plusnet's side regarding my profile, i'd also like plusnet to arrange for BT to come investigate my line issues - I can confirm i have checked master socket and the router is workin/plugged in fine.
Last BT visit the engineer said that the cabling in my area was underground ducts and it's most likely an issue between my house and the cabinet !

DSL_Status.PNGSpeedTest.PNG

43 REPLIES 43
dannyb81666
Grafter

Re: Fibre speed issues - No replies to tickets !

Here is the predicted range from BT Wholesale ...BT_ADSL_Checker.PNG

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Thread released from Spam Filter.
dannyb81666
Grafter

Thanks for releasing it @Mav
dannyb81666
Grafter

And it's getting worse Sad 

BT_ADSL_Checker2.PNG

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting in touch @dannyb81666

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't seen an increase in speed since you upgraded to Fibre Extra.

I've looked into this for you and the modify to move you to Fibre Extra speeds on our supplier's system was carried out successfully.

Our line tests are showing a potential copper impairment close to your property which is most likely the cause of why you haven't seen an increase in speed.

The connection is also dropping frequently as shown below which won't be helping things.

I've updated the open fault ticket on your account with the next steps. Can you respond online here or by text and then post back once you've done so?

This will allow us to get this picked up straight away for you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dannyb81666
Grafter

Hi Matthew, thanks for the reply and line test. I replied to the ticket with any weekday between 8am and 1pm should be fine, just let me know which day is selected.

FYI, I have not received a SMS txt message regarding this, just notifications and emails.

Regards,

Dan.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to me @dannyb81666

I've just updated the fault with confirmation of the engineer booking.

Let us know how you get on after the visit

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dannyb81666
Grafter

Hi,

So I have had two engineer visits today, think there was confusion at their end on who to send but both performed tests on the line and reset my profile. Bizarrely the connection is now more stable, but both engineers said there is no line fault BUT there is far too much congestion and crosswalk on the lines.

My max speed is just over 40mbps/9mbps and the rate is 80/20 in the cabinet.

I've asked them to highlight the crosstalk but what are my next steps? My line should be able to achieve 80/20 but due to the crosstalk it cant ... the only way to resolve is to run a new cable that's not congested with all the other connections, can someone from plusnet request this please?
dannyb81666
Grafter

Well unfortunately i never made it 24 hrs before issues appeared again Sad
I'm starting to get disconnections again and my speed has went through the floor.

BT wholesale speedtest which is dismal ..

BT_Wholesale_test.jpg

My routers DSL stats just after re-connection Router_DSL.jpg

My routers DSL tone information Router_Tone.jpg

What can be done to resolve this issue now? i'm fairly sure i need a new line ran but trying to convince BT or Plusnet i feel is almost impossible ...

dannyb81666
Grafter

Situation isn't any better today. Can someone respond to my ticket/questions please?

As you can see, LOS failures and CRC errors mounting up and the upstream tone is literally non existent.

DSL_2108.jpgRouter_Tone_2108.jpg

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @dannb81666,

Thanks for getting back to us with that extra info.

I'm really sorry the engineer visit has not fixed the issue as we'd hoped. I have updated the ongoing support ticket with more info, give us a nudge gere once you've replied please.

Thanks.

dannyb81666
Grafter

Hi Madeleine,

Any morning 8am - 1pm will be fine.

I've replied to the ticket too - 
How much more diagnostics will the next engineer be able to do? the last two weren't able to do much more than identify that there is cross talk, will they be able to book a new line install ?

I'm happy to provide as much detailed information as possible to get this fixed btw, just ask.

Regards,

Dan

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I've just added an update to the account for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=193067753

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dannyb81666
Grafter

Thanks, replied with the following ...

"I dont understand how it cannot be in the right status?
I've had two engineers visit, test the line and say there is no fault but the line is congested and has crosstalk. Basically theres too many wires going to the exchange which causes interference on my line.
Since the visits I've had multiple disconnections and the speeds go from almost nothing to barely adsl.

When I first logged the issue it took a forum post and a week of waiting to get an engineer visit, how long do I need to wait to fix the issue? The main issue is not obtaining the full 80/20, although my line should support this, the main issue is connection stability and currently is is not stable."
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @dannyb81666,

Sorry that was me jumping the gun a little bit there! The fault status has to change in our supplies system to allow us to book in the engineer appointment.

Please can you provide three more time slots (days specified) in the ticket and we can get that progressed. Essentially if there is an issue with cross talk the engineer will more than likely need to check in at the exchange and perform further testing.

I am sorry for the length of time this is taking to be resolved and I really do apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you and your household.

Thanks.