Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed has dropped but only change was static IP

FIXED
rob77
Hooked

Fibre speed has dropped but only change was static IP

Hi guys

I'm a fairly new customer and speeds were dire at first but after a few days they returned to what they was on my previous supplier. Brilliant I thought and asked for a static IP to be added to my line. I was told to reboot. The speeds then dropped from around 54Mb to 45Mb. I cannot get over this speed now although my line is capable. In the modem stats it's saying I am connected at 55Mb. Is my line capped perhaps?

Attainable rate (kbit/s) 55444 20792
SNR margin (dB) 6.1 6.1
Line attenuation (dB) 14.9 0
Output power (dBmV) 5.5 5.6

Line rate (kbit/s) 55446  20000 
CRC errors
FEC errors
HEC errors

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: Fibre speed has dropped but only change was static IP

I suspect your Plusnet Profile is stuck at at lower speed. It won't have affected your speed when on a dynamic IP but as soon as you changed to static it would become active.

I'm sure on of the PN help team will be along soon to correct it if that is in fact the problem

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rob77
Hooked

Thanks MisterW
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @rob77,

I'm sorry that your throughput speed has dropped since you added a static IP to your account and for any inconvenience that this has caused you.

I've had a look into this issue and can confirm that @MisterW was correct and the connection profile for your line is restricting your speed, as the connection profile is currently set below the estimates for your line. I've adjusted this now and, all being well, your speed should increase over the next four hours. If it doesn't increase automatically, please reboot the router.

Regards,
Emily

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
rob77
Hooked

Thank you so much guys this fixed the issue Smiley