cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed dropping in new address

RebeccaAndCraig

Fibre speed dropping in new address

Hi any help or advice appreciated.
We recently moved on 28th of January, to a new address and on relocation request we updated our fibre package for another 24 months. So first thing I'm wondering is why we weren't offered a new hub one?
But the main problem is since we got reconnected 3 weeks ago, our fibre download speed is terrible. Dropping to below 1 Mgbs download at times. So bad we can't stream anything without buffering. Always do a speed check first thing in morning and it is generally about 20 plus Mgps. The most we can get is 32Mgps. So would be happy with that. Did two BT wholesale tests tonight, first at 6pm and had download speed of 20.94 Mgps, another test at 8pm showed download speed of 2.46! Generally though download speeds run well below 10 Mgps. It is not good enough when paying for a service.
I also bought and installed my own open reach Mk3 faceplate as the engineer didn't install one like they had in my previous address. Although that has not helped the speed at all.
Help appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Fibre speed dropping in new address

are those tests wired or wireless
RebeccaAndCraig

The two BT wholesale tests were wired tests
RebeccaAndCraig

Third test at 7:10 this morning showed 30.23 down 1.68 up
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Sounds like Exchange congestion.
I would log a fault at http://faults.plus.net/ but only after a bad BTW test result. Why ? Because the last BTW test result if you click on the further diagnostics is stored so that Plusnet can access it. Just run this http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/PerformanceTesterWS/diagnostics.do to get the speed test results sent to the BTW server.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT