Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed dropped over time

Danny252
Hooked

Fibre speed dropped over time

Hello,

Over the month or so, my fibre speed has slowly dropped from ~30-40Mb/s to 10Mb/s. This has happened a few times before, so would it be possible to check if the profile can be reset again? It would also be nice to know if there was any way to avoid these pessimistic profile changes! The modem is left connected 24/7, and rarely (if ever) drops out.

The member centre quotes a line speed of 10.6Mb/s, which agrees the BT wholesale speedtest results.

Regards,

Daniel

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Fibre speed dropped over time

I'm running a few tests on your line.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ad47uk
Grafter

I have got the same problem here to be honest, when I first got plusnet Fibre it was a good 35Mb/s, then there was a problem with the cabinet that knocked my phone off and also took the speed right down which they fixed, while the speed improved, it have not really gone much above 25Mb/s.

Not sure if it is a plusnet problem or the cabinet is naff still, out of my minimum contract now with Plusnet, so having a look around to see what is available. 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@Danny252 Our tests have found a external fault on the line so I'm raising this to our suppliers for you.

@ad47uk I'm looking into your issue too.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ad47uk
Grafter

Thank you

Danny252
Hooked

The ticket raised has now been "closed by the supplier" with no useful information or reports of attempted repairs being placed on the ticket. The line speed is unchanged (10.0 Mbps), both before and after having restarted the modem.