cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre slowing down lately

p_tips
Dabbler

Fibre slowing down lately

I did have 36-38Mbps with my Windows tablet over 5GHz WIFI and media player via 5GHz WIFI powerline hotspot.  Over the last few days it's dropped to 20Mbps and lower with speed tests showing a noticeably slower rise than before. The results have been the same with both devices connected via Ethernet. I've also followed troubleshooting advice on testing the line and wonder were the problem may lie?  I know speeds can waver but wanted to be sure.   

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Fibre slowing down lately

Sorry to hear you're having speed issues. I've identified that the equipment your service is built upon is overutilised. Further work is required to fix that, which should happen in a couple of months we're advised.

I've however arranged for your circuit to be moved to a different virtual path which should resolve the issues you're having

This should happen in the early hours of the morning.

Let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
p_tips
Dabbler

Appreciate the assistance in narrowing down the issue, I will test again tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

p_tips
Dabbler

I've tested a few times today with tablet and media player. The Minix Neo U1 media player, 5GHz to BT WiFi hotspot, quickly reports about 37Mbps once more.  My Linx 820 tablet, 5GHz to BT Home hub 5, also climbs to 37Mbps with Ethernet adapter. Over WiFi some of the time it reached the same, otherwise it was around 22Mbps.  It seems the media players wireless hardware is superior, although the tablet is an improvement on the last one. All being well speeds will remain so for the time being.