cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre slow

cpembo78
Dabbler

Fibre slow

Hi, can someone have a look at my connection. Bt speed test shows download at 19.9 and upload at 3.09 and latency at 19.63. the by availability checker says I can get up to 46mb dload and 8.9 up. I realise these speeds are top end but I'm a considerable amount away.

I've run the tests as I've noticed significant slowdown when I use multiple devices. The test was run with just my desktop computer on via ethernet cable.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
cpembo78
Dabbler

Re: Fibre slow

Just to add.  When I try to run the further tests on the test site it tells me they cannot be completed and to contact supplier.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Fibre slow

Sorry to hear you're having speed issues

My tests have identified a potential line fault, which I've now reported through to Openreach. We'll keep you updated via this ticket as we receive updates over the next few days. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Just to add.  When I try to run the further tests on the test site it tells me they cannot be completed and to contact supplier.

The next time this happens, please can you make a note of the date, time and the error message?

Send me a private message with those details and I'll pass that on to our suppliers. We're in the process of investigating this issue and those details would really help. Thanks in advance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet