cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre - slow told to wait 10 days

aprintbuyer
Hooked

Fibre - slow told to wait 10 days

I installed my router on Sunday and (possibly wrongly) assumed wired speed would increase instantly - in fact it's worse!

Followed all instructions and BT test showed low download and upload   (7mb and .3mb)  - when I called support I was told I need to wait 10 days for speed to pick up - this takes me beyond my 14 days cooling off period - but meanwhile first payment has been taken, so I am paying for something I am not getting - as a broadband customer since 2004 I find this pretty shameful -

In other users experience, will the speed gradually increase?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Fibre - slow told to wait 10 days

Which router do you have? Are you able to log into it and look at the sync speeds?

As for 10 days, that is not the case with Fibre, you should have the speed straight away.

Also I think the 14 day cooling off period is from the date you order. I am sure someone will be along to confirm or otherwise. 

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Who ever told you 10 days !! Needs telling off
Fttc will reach its speed within the first 48 hours .
What speeds were you told to expect ?Huh
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Oh No! the 'your product change is complete' email strikes again!

@aprintbuyer, In all likelyhood your Fibre hasn't been activated yet so you're still on ADSL speeds.

I'm sure one of the PN help team will be along to confirm the ACTUAL fibre activation date!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

aprintbuyer
Hooked

Thanks for replies,
I have the Plus One Hub and have access to Router

I was told anywhere between 17-30 Mb -

Currently Via BT test 6.06mb

aprintbuyer
Hooked

We shall await someone from staff to answer, if they do!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

In the meantime , check your phone number on the BTw checker https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker . If it says ( in the text below the speed estimates ) that there is 'an open order due to complete on ... ' then that is likely to be your REAL activation date.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

aprintbuyer
Hooked

Thanks all, because of your quick posts, I have now have a proper anaswer - I called and endured the wait - the acticvation had failed at supplier end  - it should ow be activated within a week - which is fine - I pressed and got two months free - also managed to get my point over about what I was told this morning was clearly bollxxks -

Thanks again

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@MisterW wrote:

Oh No! the 'your product change is complete' email strikes again!

It really is well beyond a reasonable time for Plusnet to FIX this glaring hole in their Provisioning software!  It causes uneccessary confusion for the client and increases the workload on an already stretched support team.

Why is it taking so long to sort out?

M

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

And Still no SORRY from PN EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
michaelbeckwith

i`m having similar problems and still awaiting a reply from PN.  upgraded to 38mb-40mb unlimited fibre. it switched over on friday. router turned up saturday. internet seems slower. a disapointed customer of 4 years

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@michaelbeckwith, Hi and welcome to the forums.

You almost certainly haven't been switched to fibre yet looking at that speedtest. The email telling you your product change is complete is wrong. What seems to happen is that when you upgrade, a provisional date is obtained from BT Openreach. That date is then 'fixed' by the system as your account upgrade date and that generates the email. The problem is that the 'real' date is changed by BT depending on engineer availability to go the cabinet and physically make the switch. That new date seems to be used for router delivery but is never communicated to the user. So the likelyhood is that your upgrade is going to happen this week. You could check on the BTw site as I indicated in a pervious post and see if you have an open order as that will give the actual date.

aprintbuyer
Hooked

Try the line checker, previously mentioned - also give PN a call and insist they check the Line has been activated, and get recompense

michaelbeckwith

Awaiting for a reply from PN. According to the BTW there is no fibre to my address yet