cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre slow speeds

Howie94

Fibre slow speeds

Hi all,

I’ve been a plusnet customer now for 4 weeks during this time in the first initial 2-3 days I was receiving speeds of 4-5mbps when I was guaranteed 16-36mbps I contacted via chat and was told leave the router settle for 14 days. 14 days passed got speeds upto 10-11mbps and then when reported again I was asked to connect to test socket to which I have no test socket in my home just the old version, my reply was an engineer will be required and £65 charge will incur if anything outside the set up of router is found incorrect, I have now been waiting 15-16 days and nothing I mentioned ofcom 30 days prior to this and was told (well you in a contract and that’s that) to which with this response angered me even more, can someone please advise or help in this matter please ?

Many thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fibre slow speeds

Hello @Howie94, welcome to the forums.

The first question I would ask is what speed were you getting with your previous provider?

Second, if you were ‘guaranteed’ the speed you quote, who made this statement and do you still have evidence of this statement?

Howie94

Hi mook

I’ve moved into the property 5x weeks ago so this is my first supplier at this new address.

Regards
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @Howie94,

Welcome to the forums and to our service, we are happy to have you aboard. Thank you so much for taking my call during this difficult time and allowing me to work on getting this sorted for you. After testing your line we can see that the speed is looking fine from this side, which as we have discussed it isn't from your side. We have gone through the standard troubleshooting steps to rule out internal wiring and equipment. You have confirmed the below with me;

- You are using our router.

-You have no extension cables.

-You have no test socket.

-You have microfilters in all sockets in use.

I am raising this with our supplier and will give you a call later to book an appointment.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply @Howie94 but it looks like you are being taken care of thanks to @SammyM's intervention. Thumbs_Up

Howie94

Hi Sam

Yes agreed to all but there is 3x extensions sockets but these ain’t being used as mentioned in our telephone conversation.

Regards
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

No problem @Howie94. I have raised this with our suppliers and I will be in touch this afternoon to book an appointment.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team