cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre since joining but downloaded to ADSL?

K50
Dabbler

Fibre since joining but downloaded to ADSL?

Hi

Well this is confusing as it seems you have no record of the last part which makes no sense

1. When joining plusnet i placed a Fibre order,

2.Got told Fibre wasnt available (got told see tickets) then i would auto be upgraded when it was available (which i was misinformed)

3.since my LIVE date 22 Apr ive been on Fibre? 

4.Since today 3:30pm my router lost sync and went to ADSL?

When calling you to check all of this

You seem to have no record of you sending me an email to state "Your fibre broadband service is now up and running"

on 22 Apr

Im getting told since the 22 Apr ive been on ADSL which is incorrect

as i was pushing 39meg down and /  8meg upload

I didn't transfer any service to you when joining plusnet

the guy on the phone kept telling me i was on ADSL since my LIVE DATE, when asked if the cabinet has any free slots for Fibre i was told no?

So explain to me since i went live ive been on fibre? as clearly if it wasnt available i wouldnt of been pushing 39meg down FOR THE LAST WEEK???

I either took screenshots of a speed test to confirm which speeds i was getting but still getting told that since the LIVE DATE ive been on ADSL?

my sync speed was 39meg /8meg on my router since i went live? untill it lost sync and went to ADSL speeds at  3:30pm today

So what for the last week ive been on some type of Ghost Fibre connection? when no space in the cabinet?

Also would love for you to point out a Twitch gamer Streamer whos able to throw out a 720/1080 HD stream without any buffer/lag issues on  "ADSL???"  Because on twitch stats it shows my past broadcasts has been streaming at uploads of 2meg and upwards

Strangely enough the "check my Usage" dont work as that would of backed up what im saying as it would of been impossible to download that much Usage running a ADSL connection

I either updated a game on Steam last night which was pushing 37meg im sure your Usage logs must be able to see how much ive downloaded in such a short period of time which would be impossible to do from a ADSL connection

*update*

I asked your staff to either check my usage to confirm what i was saying yet your system wouldn't show any of that information" 

only thing i can think of is Openreach made a mistake and upgraded the wrong customer when setting up my line?

When i asked you to check with openreach if the error was from them and maybe the wrong customer was upgraded in the cabinet you told me you wasnt able to do that

So yet you have a customer who was on Fibre for a week  then today it gets taken away with no explaining what so EVER from you who are suppose to be my ISP? 

How about going that extra mile and finding out what happened here?

2 REPLIES 2
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Fibre since joining but downloaded to ADSL?

Hello K50, welcome to the forum.

K50 wrote:
"I asked your staff to either check my usage to confirm what i was saying yet your system wouldn't show any of that information" 

Well that is complete garbage because that can be checked on by Plusnet staff.

K50 wrote:
When i asked you to check with openreach if the error was from them and maybe the wrong customer was upgraded in the cabinet you told me you wasnt able to do that

I don't believe that is true either, as Openreach clearly will have records.

How did you contact Plusnet, Phone or Chat? Can you post the date and time of the contact with Plusnet? One of the Plusnet Help Team here is going to have to look into this for you.

Are you able to post (copy/paste) the DSL stats from your Modem/router - which one are you using?

Can you run the BTw Performance test (DON'T REBOOT, ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test.
Do a Copy and Paste of the results and post here (no need to grab an image).

Can you also check your your Current Line speed (Login required) including the estimated speed but not your phone number!

Also run the BT DSL Checker and copy/paste the output of that leaving out your phone number.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Fibre since joining but downloaded to ADSL?

I've been doing some digging and everything is showing your line to be an ADSL line.

The order that completed was for ADSL2+. There was 1 order for fibre prior to this, but that was cancelled following the order going in to the waiters list.

There is another order going through now to move you to to Fibre, this is in the waiters list again.

The usage on your account is possible to be hit with an ASDSL2+ line.

Unfortunately even if you did briefly get FTTC, there is nothing we can do until the current order completes.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.