cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre router (one hub) continuously flashing orange/green -chromecast audio users read

jcgibbins
Hooked

Re: Fibre router (one hub) continuously flashing orange/green

How i sorted;

Disabled both the 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ wireless networks on my router

Plugged in my laptop and created a wifi hotspot (sharing the ethernet connection with the wifi hotspot)

Connected the chromecast audio to my newly created hotspot using google home

Joined the preview programme, restarted my chromecast audio

(It should now be on the 77272 firmware)

Switched my wireless networks back on, on the router

Re set up the chromecast audio on to my router

Deleted wifi hotspot on the laptop!

What a total nightmare, its a good job the plusnet technical support made me aware of this, and somebody started this thread. How many people are going to be stuck with this problem! Especially if they get it from the shop with this firmware on. Google need to fix this and quick!

chrisrosevilla
Grafter

Thanks for the guidance; think I'm following the thinking so I'll have a go.

I was completely thrown - the extreme symptoms I just could not believe could be caused by such a minor piece of equipment.

I still think that a clearer leadership role is required from Google/BT/Plusnet when the fault is so extreme and the symptoms appear to show a router or broadband fault.

chrisrosevilla
Grafter

It worked! I ended up using an S7 to create the hotspot but hadn't grasped at first that I needed a separate tablet to do the configuring of the CCaudio. After that all went smoothly as per the instructions. Many thanks.

What a performance and waste of time from what is meant to be a quality product. 

ddiamondblue

Re: Fibre router (one hub) continuously flashing orange/green -chromecast audio users read

Thanks for floating this. Monday my wifi died - kids not impressed. When I got home to sort it out on Tuesday night at 9pm I had no broadband at all. Rebooted router (Hub one) and it just kept crashing. Noticed that the Hub One had installed a new firmware upgrade -haha that must be the culprit!!

I use a separate Netgear WAP, when I disconnected it as part of trouble shooting everything came back on.

Did a factory reset of the WAP, swapped in a new Gb switch. Everything worked ok until I turned on the WAP. Hub one went back into constant rebooting mode - has the firmware upgrade nuked the WAP? Hard to troubleshoot as the router keeps rebooting and I can't login.

Today I found a reference online to the Chromecast audio upgrade problem.

Came home, disconnected Chromecast, turned WAP back on - all is now sweetness and light. Yay ;O) 

ddiamondblue

Re: Fibre router (one hub) continuously flashing orange/green -chromecast audio users read

Thanks for floating this - would have saved me time and pulled hair!

On Monday my wifi died - kids not impressed. When I got home to sort it out on Tuesday night I had no broadband at all. Rebooted router (Hub one) and it just kept crashing. Noticed that the Hub One had installed a new firmware upgrade -haha that must be the culprit!!

I use a separate Netgear WAP, when I disconnected it as part of trouble shooting everything came back on.

Did a factory reset of the WAP and swapped in a new Gb switch. Everything worked ok until I turned on the WAP. Hub one went back into constant rebooting mode - has the firmware upgrade nuked the WAP? Hard to troubleshoot as the router keeps rebooting and I can't login.

Today I found a reference online to the Chromecast audio upgrade problem.

Came home, disconnected Chromecast, turned WAP back on - all is now sweetness and light. Yay ;O) 

superlative
Dabbler

Just wanted to add that I've been having this problem too. I realised from some Googling that the Chromecast Audios were the problem so have left them disconnected for the last few days. I see now that there is a possible solution available if I can get them online via a different WiFi network and upgrade their firmware to the next preview version. I'll try that over the weekend and keep my fingers crossed. 

I'm just glad I figured out what the cause of the issue was before I started harassing Plusnet about a fault with my service! It's terrible that Google knew about this issue while the firmware was in preview and still pushed it out to everyone anyway.