cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre router (one hub) continuously flashing orange/green -chromecast audio users read

nigelh
Hooked

Re: Fibre router (one hub) continuously flashing orange/green

Same thing here. I now have another hub on the way to me.

I have just disconnected the Chromecast Audio and everything is back to normal.

The Hub One was in a loop continuously rebooting. Everything had been set back to default values.

The SSIDs and IP address range I had previously configured to be different from default.

Hub Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226

ezman
Hooked
Fixes: 1

That makes sense - I have 4 chromecast audios! Use them a lot so have switched back to the old router till it's fixed....if it's fixed.

markdj

So should we expect a Plusnet Hub update soon to address this issue or how can we use or update the chromecast audios now?

roryjoem
Dabbler

Same issue here.

turned off the three chromecast audios i have and my hub one is stable again.

Kinda makes me chromecasts useless though.

If this fix is gonna take a few weeks it may be a new router for me.

jcgibbins
Hooked

Started having this issue yesterday, managed to talk to plusnet support this morning. Described what my router was doing and they came back asking if I had a chromecast which I thought was an odd question, but after reading this thread it seems to be the root cause! People need to be made more aware of this issue! It seems people on the google forum (posted above) are getting replacement chromecast audios.
AdamCranial

The people  who were getting replacement chromecasts were on the preview firmware list and this replacement then took them back to the old live firmware which was OK.  Unfortunately they have now gone properly live with this and getting a replacement chromecast will not fix anything !

jcgibbins
Hooked

Okay I didn't pick that up. What's next then, are google or bt/plusnet going to release an update? I think some input from technical support would be useful to understand what will be done to resolve this issue.
jb66
Hooked

Googe have released an update that has crippled the hubone, even though they were aware this was going to happen,  Google is to blame

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Anyone on the preview channel and able to update to the latest build? (you'd probably need another router to allow you to install the update in the first place)

Interested to know whether or not it fixes the issue.

chromecast.JPG

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@bobpullen, There's a post towards the end of this https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chromecast/3PiH_40qLBw at 13:00 today

I've joined the preview program and updated to Firmware version 1.22.77272 which seems to have resolved this issue for me.

I had to go to a friend's house to connect on his non-BT broadband to do it. If you can get connected using another router, join the preview program through the Google Home app and reboot the Chromecast to get the latest firmware.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Thanks. We've had a member of staff confirm success too.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jb66
Hooked

I tethered to my phone to get the chromecast online, i then used another phone to open up the home app, chose the developer option and then chose to reboot the device and it done an update in about one minute.  Its not running on the Plusnet router 

chrisrosevilla
Grafter

So pleased to read there is an explanation for this. I spent 5 hours yesterday to eventually prove it wasn't the hub one that was faulty - the rebooting started every time the CC audio was turned on after working ok for months. CC2 still working fine. 

Could I ask someone to post a definitive list of instructions for those of us who are logical but less technically minded please or an explanation of how Plusnet/BT/Google are going to fix this?

Thanks.

beta_tester
Dabbler

Have opted back into the Preview Programme and rebooted the CCA, and it updated to 1.22.77272. Issue with router rebooting has magically gone away.

So basically Google are talking BS! Not impressed with them, their devices are great, but their support seems lacklustre at best 😞

beta_tester
Dabbler

@chrisrosevilla wrote:

So pleased to read there is an explanation for this. I spent 5 hours yesterday to eventually prove it wasn't the hub one that was faulty - the rebooting started every time the CC audio was turned on after working ok for months. CC2 still working fine. 

Could I ask someone to post a definitive list of instructions for those of us who are logical but less technically minded please or an explanation of how Plusnet/BT/Google are going to fix this?

Thanks.

It seems to me to be an issue with the Chromecast Audio's firmware. I'm sure Bob will clarify this when he has spoken to colleagues in Plusnet and BT Consumer.

At the moment, the only fix is to opt into the Chromecast Preview Programme on the Home app, this will upgrade the device to 1.22.77272 which doesn't appear to have the issue. However, to do this you have to get the Chromecast Audio online (using a WiFi hotspot on a phone or similar). 

Even when Google release 1.22 firmware to the masses, you have no way to update the device except by connecting to a WiFi hotspot - unless Plusnet/BT can update the router's firmware to handle the "exception" which is causing the router to reboot.

Would suggest everyone call Google to report this fault https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6025971?hl=en-GB