cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre router (one hub) continuously Dropping out and turning orange

markslamont

Fibre router (one hub) continuously Dropping out and turning orange

Since starting with plusnet back in August I've had continuing issues with the router dropping out.  So far 2 engineer visits and still no joy.  All internal wiring and external wiring from cabinet to house deemed to be good by open reach engineers.  I'm on a second router from plusnet so reluctant to think it's that?  

What at can be causing this; any ideas would be appreciated.  I'm losing the will to live.

5 REPLIES 5
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Fibre router (one hub) continuously Dropping out and turning orange

Spend some on what is dropping out, are you losing dsl sync and that is dropping out or does that stay connected and your ppp session to plusnet drops out?
You should be able to see different lights on during the failures
markslamont

Okay so I'm not a techy.  Basically router goes from blue - working normally to orange, not working.  Then the "b" light flashes.  If I can be bothered pushing the reset button makes it all go to normal, or if I leave the router alone it will eventually turn back to blue.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @markslamont

I'm really sorry to hear you're still having issues with your broadband.

I can see that you've raised a fault with us yesterday and this has been passed to our suppliers. The fault report has been accepted by Openreach so I would expect an engineer to look into this for you within the next 24-72 hours.

Our faults team will keep you updated via the ticket on your account.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
markslamont

Hi Anoush.  So open reach has just popped around to look at the fault again.  The engineer like the last one can't detect anything wrong with the line to house or internal master sockets etc.  He did say that the speed to master socket had dropped down to 20meg but after a "reboot/reset" it's back up to 40meg.  Assuming the lines are okay why is the router continually Going orange and resetting itself.  What needs to be considered as the next steps?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hmm, yeah I can see that the connection is still dropping:

It's probably going to require another engineer as there's still an issue.

I take it you've tried connecting your router to your test socket? As explained here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button