cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre ready to go?

muffrah
Hooked

Fibre ready to go?

My new hub one has been delivered, the first payment from my account has been taken, I've set up my hub, but my speed is 13mbs... The same as normal broadband. Have I started paying more for a normal connection?
13 REPLIES 13
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Fibre ready to go?

Hi there,

The first thing to do is to check your Fibre order is complete go to your Account summary;

https://www.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary 

Once here look for Fibre order does it say Complete if so you are all setup and I can give further troubleshooting steps

muffrah
Hooked

Hi, it says its all complete. I still have a 12.79 mb download speed, which is terrible and a 0.79 upload. I live 100meters away from the junction box. If this doesn't improve I may take this further.
geek26
Aspiring Pro

Okay have a look here

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate

What is the current line speed ?

As well as this go to http://speedtest.btwholesale.com

Carry out the speed test then go to further diagnostics entering your phone number and post a screenshot of the further diagnostic results back here

James

muffrah
Hooked

It says on https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate that the Current line speed is 15mb. Estimated (checked 05/08/2016) is 80mbs.

Do you still require me to check the other link?
geek26
Aspiring Pro

Hmmm okay it seems there is a problem there defiantly please yes check the other link as it will help us understand what's wrong a bit better.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

It doesn't look like you've been upgraded to Fibre yet. There's been a few instances recently where the PN system has pre-empted the actual upgrade and/or BT have delayed it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

muffrah
Hooked

When do I actually get upgraded then? it seems harsh paying for a service that I cannot use?!

muffrah
Hooked

Diagnostic said that the range of my line speed is 8-21mbs and that there is no fault in the line.

Dutchmul

I'm in the same boat, got a confirmation email on 18th August that my product change is complete, same 18mbps as before, my current line speed is listed as 19mb.

No notofication that the change to fibre is delayed or when it will actually happen. Not Happy.

Dutchmul1874
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

When do I actually get upgraded then? it seems harsh paying for a service that I cannot use?!

You really need a PlusNet person to check what's actually happening. There are PN people who monitor this forum, they may see the post and respond OR you could try the chat system or call the Support centre and they should be able to check. Whatever, you should not be paying for Fibre , or will get a refund for the period you didn't have it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

geek26
Aspiring Pro

Hi thanks for the clarification

I agree with with the other forum poster in this case. It appears Plusnet have completed upgrade on the system but Openreach are still working on the order.

I would advise you phone the support team or talk to them on live chat to see whats going on with the order, If the activation date has passed.
muffrah
Hooked

Thanks MisterW

muffrah
Hooked

Thanks Geek26