cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre query - most of the village is enabled but not us

JezJohn

Fibre query - most of the village is enabled but not us

Hi
I wonder if someone can assist, we are in a small village in the Cotswolds. Green boxes went in last year and live last week.
When we check the status we are told we are connected to box two which is live but for some other reason can't get fibre. (Too far etc....)
We are 150m from the box so this seems unlikely.
Houses both nearer to and further from the green box and exchange can get it - its just our post code and 5 houses that share this postcode don't see to be able to.
Could this be a post code error, or some other reason?
I though it might be because we are an exchange only line - but most of the village would have been as the new green cabinets were installed on the opposite side of the road from the exchange.
Any advice would be gratefully received!
Thanks
Jez
3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Fibre query - most of the village is enabled but not us

I've raised this with our suppliers for more information, I think the calculated line length may be incorrect as it shows the following:
Circuit line length calculated: 3610

Despite the estimate showing:
Circuit line length estimate: 308

I fail to believe that the estimate is that far off of the actual line length, so my guess would be that one of the figures is incorrect.
I'll let you know once I receive a response on this from our suppliers Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
JezJohn

Hi Harry
Thanks so much.
We are around 150m from the Green box, the neighbour two doors down (20m away)  is fed from the same telegraph pole BUT is the next door post code so I wonder if this is the error as they can get Fibre.
May be a dumb question but do you have have our details as I didn't know if my forum account was associated with my plus net account Smiley
Thanks again
Jez
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I've used the account that's attached to your forum account but feel free to PM me confirming the details if you like.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet