Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre profiling

Toast3000
Dabbler

Fibre profiling

Hello,
I was wondering if one of the helpful forum team could take a quick look at my fibre profile.
When my line was installed I was getting 10-12ms pings off to UK based websites and the full 40mbps my package allows. However it has deteriorated in regards to both stats; my ping is now 30-33ms and my speeds return around 30mbps.
I think I made a pretty dum mistake in turning my equipment on and off at least twice a day, so the exchange may have assumed I was having problems and dialled my profile back to compensate. I'm on an open reach modem so can't check the exact figures sadly.
I've left the equipment on now for 5 days, with no change. Happy to wait longer if needed but forums are always worth a shot Smiley
Can anyone take a look?
Thanks!

Edit : I've just read the DLM article on here. Looking at that I will just need to sit tight, until the system picks up.  Cheesy
3 REPLIES 3
nigel1971
Grafter

Re: Fibre profiling

Yes don't turn off the modem, just the router if you have too.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Toast3000,
Stability is key here, so unfortunately it's going to be a case of sitting tight. The profiles should fix themselves in due course.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Toast3000
Dabbler

I thought so, I will wait. The connection is very stable regardless, well done Smiley