cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre problems

davidoneman
Dabbler

Fibre problems

Hi , ive had speed problems with switch to fibre , my line profile keeps going to 11meg , after over 30 mins on phone he says i need to connect directly to bt openbox to pc and he would send details in email , ive gone to set up the pppoe but ive not got username or password , could these be sent please dont fancy along wait on phone again
6 REPLIES 6
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Fibre problems

The username is usually in the format: yourusername@plusdsl.net where yourusername is the same username that you use to log into the plusnet customer portal (member centre: https://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html) and the password is also the same one as used for the customer portal.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
davidoneman
Dabbler

Hi no tried but its not my log in details looks like on phone for another 30 mins
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all,
FYI If you already know the username and just need the password you can use the "forgotten your password" links on our website:
https://portal.plus.net/forgotpassword/

Keep us posted as to how you get on please davidoneman
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
davidoneman
Dabbler

Ive got logged into the modem now but still only 11meg speed , ran a test on the btwholesale
davidoneman
Dabbler

Also just as a note i was told that i would get a netgear router so i wouldnt need the modem so i dont need the 2 plug spaces but never got
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to hear about the speed issue.
I've taken a look at your account, made some checks and can't see an obvious cause for that.
Take a look at the support video we have for speed issues. You may find that helpful:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKnZUl3kc3Y
Also just as a note i was told that i would get a netgear route

Really sorry!
That's not right, I can see how the agent that advised this may have got confused. It's due to "components" we can add to your account. One of which is for a "Netgear router" (we supplied these in the past for fibre customers for a limited period) however using this orders a Technicolor TG582n. Feedback being passed on about that now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team