cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre problem

Eatpower
Grafter

Fibre problem

So, I suddenly find myself in a problem in which Plusnet have decided they won’t help me, because they feel it’s a “wireless channel issue” yet I can most certainly confirm it is not as I did a Ethernet connection test with the exact same results I received over a wireless connection.

I understand Plusnet are trying to cope with the pandemic and are probably find it difficult to adjust with all the influx of calls and what not, but it doesn’t justify this blatant dismissal of the problem I’m experiencing.

Note: 03/07/20 was the last time it was at a acceptable standard and 07/07/20 is when it became noticeably bad, and this started this Sunday just gone. 

If Plusnet need to see the Ethernet test result please let me know, as I am happy to oblige.

IMG_0750.PNGIMG_0748.jpg

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

Re: Fibre problem

@Eatpower I wish I was getting speeds like yours on my  wired connection to PN Fibre Extra contract over the last 11 months.

Plusnet Fibre ExtraPlusnet Fibre Extra

Eatpower
Grafter

I’m really close to a cabinet, so I consider myself very fortunate.
Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

@Eatpower  I'm 70 metres away from my green cabinet, but Openreach have replaced all the copper wires with fibre, to the telegraph pole outside my door and this is what I get....BT tell me I could have FTTP at 1GB down and 220mps up. 

PNextra.jpg

Eatpower
Grafter

This is the Ethernet connection I did this afternoon. My wireless connection outperformed this result 3-4 days ago, and it's become a issue already if playing games online.

Screenshot 2020-07-07 at 18.05.35.PNG

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Eatpower, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having speed issues as of recent. Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.