cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre order question

KaotiK
Grafter

Fibre order question

Hey, so finally have fibre in the area after years of waiting! so i have made the product change online for Fibre extra, new router etc.

Im just wondering how long it usually takes for it to change over from standard 8m adsl to Fibre? and will i also get my new router straight away?

cheers

10 REPLIES 10
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Fibre order question

Depending on local engineer availability it takes anywhere from 5 working days, to several weeks. I'll go check shortly and see when your order is committed for.

The router is sent to arrive a few days before the activation, but I'll manually kick that along.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've created a support ticket on your account and emailed confirmation of this to you with the date of your order.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
KaotiK
Grafter

awesome! thank you!

KaotiK
Grafter

I assume i dont plug my new router in until the fibre is all setup right?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

The Hub One works on standard broadband so you can set it up when you receive it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
KaotiK
Grafter

ah ok cool, then once fibre is set up it will automatically happen i wont have to do anything?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

That's correct.

There'll be some downtime on the day whilst the engineer carries out the work but after that you should be receiving fibre speeds.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
KaotiK
Grafter

Hey, i have setup my Hub one router now. However my connection seems to be dropping regulary with it at the moment? is there a setting i need to change or something?

KaotiK
Grafter

Have had to switch back to my old router as it was dropping constantly... hopefully there is a solution as looking forward to fibre but with the drops like that its no good

KaotiK
Grafter

hey, Is everything still on course to be completed tommorow?