Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre now fixed but slow speeds.

Seamo
Dabbler

Fibre now fixed but slow speeds.

Hi,
I upgraded from broadband to Fibre. The switch should have completed last Wednesday but it turns out the engineer plugged me into the wrong port. So no broadband for the past week. Anyway the engineer visited this morning and fixed the problem but I am now getting slower speeds on fibre than on broadband. Is this normal?
The plusnet data transfer page says:
Phone exchange:
BEDMINSTER
Estimated line speed:
80Mb (This may vary between 73.9Mb and 80Mb) - Checked on 2016-02-23 11:55:17
Current line speed:
16.6 Mb

I am currently getting 14Mbs download on speedtest, will this increase or is there a problem?
Just talked to plusnet on chat and they said it will take up to 4 hours for the speed to increase after a line reset, call back in 24 hours if there is still a problem. Is this true?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Fibre now fixed but slow speeds.

The chat agent could have upped your Plusnet line speed there and then if they had wanted to. Don''t know why they said wait.
Perhaps ChrisP who is answering some forum posts today will change the Plusnet Line Speed for you.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've bumped the profile on our side. If you try a disconnect/reconnect you should hopefully see an improvement.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Seamo
Dabbler

Thank you, I am now getting 72 Mbps download speed. I appreciate the help.