cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre now 10mbps less

su4stu
Grafter

Fibre now 10mbps less

I got fibre installed a month ago and started off with an ip profile of 33+.  I understood that this would fluctuate in the first 10 days and after that it sat at around the 28 mark.  Despite having very few disconnects (as far as I can see only the times I have rebooted myself, which isn't often), it is continuing to reduce and when I checked today it is at 23.46.  Could someone from Plusnet check for me what the problem is please as I cannot see a reason for myself!
6 REPLIES 6
uther
Dabbler

Re: Fibre now 10mbps less

Is this a wired connection or wireless? If its wireless try another channel on the router.
You're not turning the BT modem off are you?
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Uther su4stu is talking about the profile setting not a speed test
su4stu good luck to you but don't expect plusnet to do anything they will deem the loss as acceptable i have gone from 65Mb to 46Mb despite the line being perfectly fine they wont do a damn thing about it so your 10Mb or so drop will mean nothing to them.
su4stu
Grafter

Yes it's my BT profile not my speed I'm talking about. Not liking my chances of getting anything done after reading your reply Terranova667, I also read other's having the same problem but nothing getting done about it. 
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi su4stu,
We've just been through a couple of line tests and although you've seen a performance drop, you're line is still performing well above the estimate on your line. I'd suggest keeping an eye on the line and let us know if the speed deteriorates any further.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
su4stu
Grafter

Thanks for the reply Chris.  I know it's above the estimate so trying not to be too disappointed, I was just delighted when it was so much faster in the first place!  I'm keeping an eye on it and hoping that's as far as it's going to drop but will get in touch if there's any more decreases in my profile.
su4stu
Grafter

Although the profile has remained the same my download speed has been crap.  I've pasted a BT test below and this is one of the better ones!

Home Image not loadedTesting Image not loadedResult Image not loaded

FAQ
Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
Download Speed
9.16 Mbps

0 Mbps 23.64 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 9.16 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 18.91 Mbps-23.64 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 23.64 Mbps
2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.
Upload Speed
4.72 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 4.72Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your Broadband Service Provider to investigate the fault.
If you wish to carry out further tests,please click on 'Continue' button.If not, please close the window using 'Exit' button and contact your ISP for further assistance with these results.

Please visit the FAQ if you are unable to understand the test results.