Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre not working yet

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Fibre not working yet

You could pick up a cheap phone for less than a tenner from a supermarket/Argos.

It is the most valuable tool you can have - if your phone line is faulty your broadband will not work.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@Champnet  TBH I dont think checking the username/password is going to help.

From this description Light is orange and broadband light flashing red the router isnt getting a basic synch with the DSLAM https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/fix-a-problem/broadband-and-wi-fi/i-can-t-connect/what-do-the-ligh...

So it will never be getting as far as trying to login.

Given that @valentinazou says theyve now found and tested at the test socket, and its no different, then its probably time to get a fault raised

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

valentinazou
Dabbler

Should I raise a fault even if I’m not gonna buy a phone at this point? Or should I buy a phone and check the phone line first? And how can I raise a fault?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I'd get a phone first if possible. If the voice line isnt working then it needs to be raised as a voice fault and is usually quicker to get fixed. Any voice fault is likely to affect broadband as well, so fixing the voice line may sort the broadband as well.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

valentinazou
Dabbler

So I bought a phone but when I bring it to my ear I can’t hear anything, not even if I press any of the buttons on it
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Have you checked from the test socket?

If you get nothing there you need to get back to PN and report a voice fault.

valentinazou
Dabbler

Nothing from the test socket either. How can I report the fault?
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @valentinazou, I can see looking over your account there already looks to be a fault raised regarding this issue and I've looked into and progressed this further for you as both of the services aren't currently working within your test socket. The fault ticket located on your account can be found here and requires further information from yourself so we can progress this for you.

valentinazou
Dabbler

Hi Ben, I saw your message and responded yesterday but got nothing yet. Asked for an engineer visit today or tomorrow but at this point I don’t think that’s gonna happen, not sure.. still waiting. Thank you 🙏🏻
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Morning @valentinazou Smiley Can you give us availability on the fault ticket for this week and next please, I'll book you in as soon as possible. We can't arrange an engineer to come out the same day sadly. Sad Once you've updated the ticket, give us a nudge here and we'll update it Smiley

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
valentinazou
Dabbler

Hi @tinytaco, I have updated the ticket! Many thanks 😊
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

@valentinazou Lovely stuff! Smiley Thanks for that, I've updated it for you. Someone from our Faults Team will pick this up after the appointment has taken place!

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team