cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre not working yet

valentinazou
Dabbler

Fibre not working yet

Yesterday I received the email saying that my phone line and broadband had been activated and ready to use. Some time ago in the texts I received from Plusnet it said phone line was supposed to be activated on the 29th and broadband on the 30th, though. I set up my router and it’s still not working. I don’t have a phone so I can’t check if the phone line is working. Am I still supposed to wait until after midnight or what should I do? On my router, light is orange and broadband light is flashing red.
26 REPLIES 26
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Fibre not working yet

Hi @valnetinazou. I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to get online following your activation. I can confirm that the broadband activation order has fully completed.

Testing your line hasn't picked up any faults from here but looks to show that the line isn't detecting your router at all at the moment:

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEUXXXXXXXX

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0008
Description Modem is out of sync and fault is most likely to be in the home environment
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status Out Of Sync
Downstream Speed 0.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 0.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status Unknown
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Technology VDSL
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2020-12-18T15:30:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 39.9 Mbps 39.9 Mbps 39.9 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps
Up Time 0.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 352.3 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2020-12-31T15:00:33.348+00:00 2020-12-31T15:15:33.348+00:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 900 0

As this is the case, it's likely that there's been an issue with how the router has been set up and we'll need to run through some troubleshooting steps to try and get to the bottom of this. I'd recommend starting with basic checks here. If that doesn't resolve the problem the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the connection improves. This rules out internal wiring, faceplates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
valentinazou
Dabbler

Hi Emily!
Thank you for your reply. My master socket doesn’t have a test socket so I can’t do that 😣
Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi @valentinazou, would it be possible for you to attach a photo of your socket and setup so we have a better idea of where the issue could be occurring?

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
valentinazou
Dabbler

Hi, here are the pictures! let me know if they're clear enough, thanks

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@valentinazou  are you sure that's the master socket ?  It doesnt have either a BT or Openreach logo on it. Even most of the old style sockets had logos.

Are there any other phone sockets anywhere ? Might be worth trying to trace where the phone line comes into the house and see if there are any sockets hidden away

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

valentinazou
Dabbler

So I looked behind every piece of furniture and I found two more sockets like that one, and the master socket with the openreach logo on it. Set up the router on each and every one of them but nothing changed. Tried the test socket and nothing changed. Light is orange and broadband light flashing red
Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

Any unusual characters in your username / password ?

valentinazou
Dabbler

What do you mean?
Champnet
Aspiring Hero

Outside the ranges A-Z (upper & lower case) and 0-9 some characters are unusable.

valentinazou
Dabbler

Does that have to do something with my broadband connection? I don’t understand
Champnet
Aspiring Hero

If your modem/router can’t log in to the Plusnet system then it’s never going to work.

This would confirm comment made by @EmilyD 

valentinazou
Dabbler

Okay so are we talking about my username and password I manage my subscription on the website with?
Champnet
Aspiring Hero

It’s the username / password used in your account.

Then follow these instructions posted on an earlier thread by one of the support team :

1. Go to the router's homepage at http://192.168.1.254
2. Click on the Advanced Settings tab
3. Type in the admin password found from the back of the router and click the OK button
4. Click on the Continue to Advanced Settings button then the Broadband tab
5. If there's a Disconnect button, click that
6. Change the username to the broadband username in the format of username@plusdsl.net If you can't remember this I'd check for any emails we've sent you for example an email with you bill on as we'd add the username to the top of the email.
7. Type in the account password, this can be reset here: https://www.plus.net/forgotpassword/ if needed.
8. Hit the Connect button.

valentinazou
Dabbler

Okay so I’ve done this now a lot of times but nothing has changed - my password has normal characters