cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre not started yet?

Dutchmul

Fibre not started yet?

I got an email stating my switch to fibre had been completed on 18/08/16. My current line speed in the member centre states 19mb but estimated can handle 75.5 - 80mb, btw test shows current speed as 18.1 mb. When is my fibre going live???? Presumably i'm being chrged for fibre from 18/08/16?

Dutchmul1874.

Dutchmul1874
6 REPLIES 6
Riza
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Fibre not started yet?

Your plusnet profile is most likely stuck on the ADSL profile, someone from Plusnet will need to change this over to Fibre to stop that from limiting your speed.

What is your BT BRAS IP Profile set to? Have a look here https://windows.mouselike.org/be/index.asp?DoAction=BrasChecker or do a wholesale speedtest here and then press additional information and enter your phone number in http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Eventually, login to your plusnet account through member center and use this link below: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed and see what profile Plusnet has assigned you to.

This will determine a profile mismatch if Plusnet is lower than BT's

Dutchmul

Thanks for the reply Riza.

This is the mouslike info from bt - The current Downstream BRAS rate is: 19.29 Mbps
The current Upstream BRAS rate is: 0.83 Mbps

BTW test was 19mb

Dutchmul1874
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

There have been a few examples of PN sending out that text/email early. Did you get another saying when you were due to go live?

It would be worth getting on the phone. or chat to see what is happening, might be quicker than waiting and hoping one of the PN guys sees it on here.

Riza
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@Mustrum is right.

There isn't a profile issue here if your getting 19Mbps and the profile is 19Mbps.

I'd also suggest for you to contact Plusnet via phone or chat, earliest as possible because towards afternoon, you will be waiting more than half an hour for adviser to speak to you. 

If possible, also go to the website faults.plus.net and report a fault there; within a couple of days someone will have a look at the connection details and perform tests etc.

Your speed is way below the threshold for that estimate, so Plusnet are able to send an Openreach engineer if there is a fault found with your line. It could also be possible that BT's DLM has found errors or disconnections and has limited your speed for stability.

Also the estimates are based on the fact that you're connecting through the master socket, if you have telephone extension wiring do try to connect from the master socket and see if there is a difference (may take time for BT DLM to recognise the change)

If you turn your router off at night, don't. They're designed to be on all the time. BT's DLM could recognize the disconnection as a line fault and lower your speed again.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Apologies for any confusion @Dutchmul

I've just had a look at your account and the fibre order is due to on 30/08/16.

The cost shouldn't be an issue as your previous invoice which had a charge for ADSL covers from 05/08/16 to 04/09/16. Your next invoice will be for FTTC on 05/09/16 and will cover from 05/09/16 to 04/10/16.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Dutchmul

Brilliant, thanks Harry, and thanks to all the other replies. much appreciated. Thumbs_Up

Dutchmul1874