cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre no sync

sandor
Hooked

Fibre no sync

Hello, please could a staff member check if the faults team are following up on my question (submitted via the broadband troubleshooter)? Ticket number is 180709104 - last message appears to be auto saying we should have been contacted by 1pm today with a status update (we haven't been).

Since Thursday ~1.30pm there has been no sync on our line. The phone line appears to work and is noise-free. Tried 2 different routers (usual - BT HH6, as well as Plusnet supplied) connected to test port (behind faceplate) and no change. I've left the HH6 connected via a new filter to the test port.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give to resolve this! Smiley 

12 REPLIES 12
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Fibre no sync

Hi @sandor,

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing this issue and that you've not heard back from us yet. Before we progress the investigation of the fault any further, I'd just like to confirm whether or not you've updated the internal settings within the BT HH6 router so that the router is able to properly authenticate?

If you haven't I'd like to see if this makes any difference before we go down the route of arranging an engineer to see if this makes any difference. The settings you will need to enter, if you haven't already, are the Broadband Username and Password which will be in the following format.

Broadband Username: username@plusdsl.net

Broadband Password: Your account password.

You will need to log into the router to enter these settings and this can be done by following the instructions listed in this thread.

If this doesn't work, or hasn't worked, please let us know as soon as you're able to so that we can progress the investigation of the fault further along as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
sandor
Hooked

Hi @TheMightyAJ, thanks for your response.

We've been using the BT HH6 for the last couple of months since switching from BT to Plusnet. I've double checked that it has the correct username / password (it definitely did before Friday!). I've also tried again with the Plusnet supplied router (and checked that the username is set correctly). Neither are connecting.

From the logs I can see that my router hasn't reconnected since Friday 1.30pm.

I've also double checked the phone line -- there's a dial tone and no noise. There's also no apparent noise if I listen with the micro-filter removed (which I wouldn't expect). I only have a cordless telephone, though, so not a perfect test.

For the avoidance of doubt -- I have put the micro-filter back in place and left our HH6 plugged in to the test port.

What's the next step?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @sandor,

Thank you for double checking that your broadband username and password are correct in the HH6 and also for trying the Plusnet router. I'm sorry to hear that this issue is still ongoing.

Testing your line indicates that the modem is out of sync and that the issue is most likely within the home environment, however you've been through the troubleshooting checks and have ruled out any issues with your internal wiring/equipment. As this is the case, we will need to arrange an engineer visit so that this may be investigated further.

Please can you reply to the ticket here with your availability for an engineer visit and we'll get this booked in for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
sandor
Hooked

Thank you for the update @EmilyD.

I’ve just responded to the ticket with my availability for the engineer visit.
Ndegwa
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Thank you for your reply. I have booked in your engineer and you can check the appointment time on the ticket here.

Lee Y
 Plusnet Help Team
sandor
Hooked

The engineer has not shown up, it is now past the appointment time. Why hasn’t anyone called, text or emailed to say that the engineer won’t turn up / is running late? Please can someone reply to my ticket?
sandor
Hooked

After reading this (https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Engineer-running-late-or-not-arrived/td-p/972648), I have waited for another 2 hours. The engineer never arrived.
Ndegwa
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi there, Sorry to hear the engineer did not attend. I have updated the fault ticket which can be found here. - Lee Y.

Lee Y
 Plusnet Help Team
sandor
Hooked

@Ndegwa I have responded to the ticket. It’s now been a week since total internet blackout.

I’m truelly disappointed at the lack of communication from your suppliers (I’m presuming you mean openreach). Why did they not call / text / email me directly to let me know that no one would attend? Failing that, why did plusnet not have an automated way of letting me know?

When parcel couriers deliver / pick up they manage to give an hour slot. They also do weekends!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Yes, Openreach are the supplier in question. I hear what you're saying and I'm sorry that the current process let you down. - Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sandor
Hooked

@adamwalker I hope the time slot you have stated in the ticket update is incorrect - you've said 8am to 6pm. What are plusnet going to do to compensate me for the loss of internet in the last week and more importantly my lost time on Wednesday?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

My bad! It's 08:00 to 13:00 we'll deal with refunding you for any downtime once the issue has been resolved. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team