Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre new customer using own router

FIXED
mrdomis2013
Dabbler

Fibre new customer using own router

I've just signed up to service which is due to go live tomorrow, I have specified I want to use my own router.

Details have come through with the username to use for my broadband connection, however there is no mention of a password which I find quite odd.

I've logged into my account and I can see what settings I am suppose to use, PPPoE, CHAP, Username but again no mention of a password.

I rang and spoke to someone who didn't know if a password was needed or not ( not great for a customer adviser ), eventually the person decided to go and ask someone then came back and said yes I will need a password and I need to phone back on Xmas Eve and speak to technical!, I said I wasn't happy to do this, you should tell people what the bloody password is if you are not supplying a router and I need to setup my own.

I was then told she could transfer me to techinical now, but there is await of 5 minutes, after 10 minutes of being in the queue I hung up.

I then tried to phone 3 times yesterday.

1 st time I passed security, then the phone went silent, as if the operator had switched the mike off.

2nd time I phone straight back again operator answer's can't hear them but lots of background noise of employees's just having a laugh ( not helping customers , talking about what films they are watching over xmas )

3rd time the automated spoken menu breaks up and you can't hear the options!

I've had 2 return calls from plus.net ( phone didn't ring, leaving a voice mail saying if I want to call back they will help, which If I could get through I would!! )

I've phone today and again I can't hear the automated menu, I've selected a different option not sure what the hell it is, i've been in the queue now for 12 minutes and counting.

Update got to 15 minutes and the phone was put down!, arrrgghhhhh!

It's pretty disgraceful customer service!, not sure how you claim to have award winning customer service, when your phone line doesn't work properly, your operators don't know how to  use a headset, your customer advisor's aren't adding any value.

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Fibre new customer using own router

Fix

The password is exactly the same as you used when you set up the account. You will also use it to log into the member centre. The rest of the details are here  https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mrdomis2013
Dabbler

Yes 6th time made a call phone menu didn't break up, went for option 3 ( Technical )

after 5 mins on hold through to technical who confirmed the same thing

mrdomis2013
Dabbler

It's a shame the customer advisor I spoke to didn't know that Sad