cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre line speed increases and phone numbers

Danny252

Fibre line speed increases and phone numbers

This morning we had FTTC set up at our house, and I am wondering how long it takes for Plusnet to start increasing the line speed profiles? After ~8 hours, Plusnet is still limiting the speed to 1.7Mbit, per https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed - the BT IP profile is already set suitably high.
Also, there seems to be a lot of confusion as to what phone number we have and where we are. We were told that our number would be 01782 ******* , which is what the majority of the Member Centre pages say. However, the line is actually installed as 01782 *******, which the BT engineer confirmed was the correct number given on the work order. Finally, the High Speed Broadband page linked above shows our number as 0114 ******* (Sheffield), and our exchange as Benton (Newcastle-upon-Tyne), neither of which match our location in Staffordshire. I suspect the confusion there is related to an initial botched attempt to place the fibre order, which required the order to be placed again several weeks later.
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Phone numbers edited from a publicly accessible forum and placed on a private area for Plusnet staff.
1 REPLY
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 219

Re: Fibre line speed increases and phone numbers

The profile and high speed page should be updated now.
With regards to the number it should be back to your old one tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team